Desktop Support Job Duties
A Desktop Support Specialist provides advanced technical support services to the computer end users for a Mac or Windows environment. They:
- Provide day-to-day technical support to employees for computer systems software and hardware.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations and computer peripherals in a heterogeneous environment.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- May participate in the development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications.
How to Write a Desktop Support Specialist Cover Letter?
When you are applying for a Desktop Support Specialist position, you must put the job description in front of you. That will help you composing your cover letter and tailoring your expertise and skills as per the needs of the employer.
A Desktop Support Specialist cover letter must always be sent with your resume to introduce yourself to an employer.
The sole purpose of the cover letter is to convince the employer to view your resume and invite you for an interview. Therefore, it is crucial that a cover letter is eye-catching as it also serves as an image of your technical and communications skills.
The following cover letter for a desktop support specialist position is written in a way that is useful for experienced candidates as well as for those having no prior experience.
Sample Cover Letter of Desktop Support Specialist Resume
98 5th Street, #65B
Bethesda, MD 65287
April 21, 2018
Mr. Charles Anderson, Senior Manager
65 Some Street
Bethesda, MD 62563
Re: Desktop Support Specialist (Position ID L9077)
Dear Mr. Anderson:
It is a great pleasure to write to you and state my interest in the Desktop Support Specialist position offered by LCG Systems. Along with my CCNA, MCSE, MCITP and A+ certifications, and two years’ professional experience in large-scale organizations, I am confident that I can make a tremendous contribution to your IT department.
In keeping with the requirements stated in your job description, I am very skilled in the following areas which will be very beneficial for LCG Systems:
- Preparing, supporting, and maintaining desktop and laptop hardware and software running Windows and Mac
- Providing ticket and event support with desktop software, user accounts, network, and peripheral issues
- Configuring new user workstation equipment set (PC, desktop image, peripherals, software and user accounts)
- Installing and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, servers and backup facilities
- Detecting and removing viruses and malware
Besides my technical expertise, I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with all organizational levels. I have a great attitude to work independently at different assigned support locations and participate in team meetings to give feedback from users, supply status of continuing projects and take on the latest projects.
I have enclosed my resume for your consideration and would like the opportunity to further discuss my skills and qualifications with you in an interview scheduled at mutual convenience. I will call you next week for follow-up. In the meantime, I can be reached at [Contact #].
Thank you for your time and consideration.