While most teen job applications do not require a resume it is better to include a resume with your job application since it helps give the prospective employers to have a detailed insight into your employable skills. One might wonder: I have no experience, my high school diploma is incomplete, so what do I write in my resume? The answer is ‘skills’. As a high school student, your resume must feature your transferable skills and if you have any volunteer work experience even if it was unpaid make it count.
In case you are not seeking a job or internship at the moment, consider making a resume for yourself to aid you in the process of seeking admission in college. Before you realize, the deadlines for college applications will show up and at that time if you have a resume ready, it will help you in answering many otherwise difficult and confusing questions asked in the admission process. Preparing a high school resume will also help you in self discovery. You will be able to identify and establish your strengths which will later help you in making a career choice.
We have provided a sample high school student resume below for your guidance.
|644 Rosemary Lane, Washington, DC 45009|
(004) 333-2222 • david @ email . com
CAREER GOAL: Seeking a position in the social services sector offering outstanding skills in spreading social awareness, facilitating public service campaigns and carrying out paper work for volunteer registration. Particularly effective in building strong relationships, maintaining clear communication channels and ensuring team coordination.
Diploma: ABC HIGH SCHOOL, Washington, DC
Expected Completion Date: Mar 2014
Social Work, Sociology, Community Development, Family Advocacy
• Vice President of SEEK Social Society
• Active participant of community development related activities
UNITED NATIONS, Washington, DC
Social Mobilization Officer (Health), Sumer, 2013
• Facilitated in spreading awareness among citizens regarding the UN Health Care initiative
• Supervised the charity fund head interest dedicated to community health services
• Interviewed, registered and inducted volunteers for the program
• Guided incoming health care seekers regarding available services
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Social Media
• Ability to lead and work effectively in a team demonstrating high class leadership qualities
• Inborn skills to convince and persuade people
• Demonstrated ability to manage big and small social campaigns or promotional projects
• Excellent presentation skills, track record of conducting and facilitating numerous community development workshops proficiently
• Substantial knowledge of available community based services regarding health, education and life support
• In depth knowledge of family law and the children’s rights act of USA
High School Student Resume Sample 2
7190 Rockvale Road, Union Grove, AL 12736
(009) 904-9119, Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for an Office Assistant position at the Staples where I may use my comprehension of customer orientation and knowledge of office procedures in order to contribute the efficiency of organization.
Rockvale High School, Union Grove, AL
High School Diploma – 2011
● MS Office Applications ● Databases ● Email ● Internet
SUMMER WORK EXPERIENCE
ABC COMPANY, Union Grove, AL
Pet Sitter, 8/2009 to 12/2009
Provided pet sitting services including grooming, walking and feeding pets.
Baby Sitter, 5/2008to 8/2008
Provided child care services to neighborhood families during weekends and school vacation.
– Academic Honor Roll: 2007, 2008 and 2009
– Rockvale High School Honor Society: 2007, 2010
– Provided voluntary services for the Rockvale Literacy Program
– Worked as a Big Brother for the school Big Brother program
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
– Boy scout
– Member of the school drama team
– President of the school tennis society
– Play the piano and the guitar