A well-formatted resume opens the doors of jobs and interviews for candidates.
That is to say, a hiring manager going through a pet sitter resume will look primarily into its format.
What does a well-formatted pet sitter resume look like? Something like the following example:
Sample Resume for Pet Sitter
7223 Siskin Cir | North Augusta, SC 46021
Bringing an inherent love for animals.
Compassionate and responsible pet sitter with hands-on experience in handling a variety of pet care services including walking, overnight pet care, pet taxi, and medication administration. Proven ability to manage a wide range of pets including dogs, cats, parrots, turtles, and fish.
Actively perform grooming duties such as bathing, combing, and nails clipping. Competent and committed, ability to ensure that pets are given their food and water according to specified schedules. Ability to dispense and administer medication to assigned pets, along with a great ability to keep a constant check on their health.
✓ Pet Grooming ✓ Medication Administration
✓ Playtime Management ✓ Feeding Assistance
✓ Behavior Management ✓ Disease Control
✓ Pet Training ✓ Overnight Companionship
✓ Bathing and Cleaning ✓ Emergency Handling
Canine Comprehensive, North Augusta, SC
Jan 2017 – Present
• Confer with pet owners to determine their specific concerns about their pets.
• Make notes about particular information regarding behavior and requirements derived from pet owners.
• Engage pets in friendly banter, aiming to comprehend their nature and make an initial assessment.
• Take dogs for walks, ensuring their safety and that of the people around.
• Feed pets on time while ensuring that their water bowls are constantly filled.
• Administer medication to pets upon the instructions of pet owners, and log all such information appropriately.
• Create and implement exercise programs to ensure that pets get sufficient physical activity during the day.
• Intervene in emergent situations such as injuries and instances of disease, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of assigned pets.
• Saved a dog from becoming fatally ill, by recognizing early signs of cancer and reporting it immediately.
• Implemented a unique pet exercising program that catered to both dogs and cats, resulting in increased interest in availing services by pet owners.
Pets R Us, North Augusta, SC
Sep 2016 – Jan 2017
• Bathed and groomed pets and ensure that they remain clean at all times.
• Took dogs out for walks on predetermined routes, ensuring their safety and well-being all through.
• Properly cleaned kennels and disposed of waste.
• Checked pets for signs of disease or distress, and communicated concerns to pet owners.
• Took care of wounded pets, ensuring that their medication was administered on time.
• Introduced a pet behavior management program that proved to be 58% more efficient than the one already in use.
• Trained 15 dogs as companions for special needs pet owners, over a period of 3 years.
High School Diploma
North Augusta High School, North Augusta, SC – 2017