The position of the pet sitter or dog walker requires a lot of flexibility and the working hours may vary. Some weekend and evening work might be required. Certification in animal CPR or any training classes will be a plus if you are thinking to work in the pet care arena.
An entry-level pet sitter resume or dog walker resume should efficiently describe the training and skills of the job seeker. In addition, special knowledge of different breeds of cats and dogs might be important to the pet owner. Therefore, mention these points in your resume.
The following pet sitter resume sample will guide you on how to write your resume when you have no experience in hand.
Tip: Even if you have no experience as a pet sitter, you can still write your experience section by mentioning your non-relevant or volunteer jobs and relating your duties to the pet sitting job.
Sample Resume for Entry Level Pet Sitter With No Experience
32 York Street, Buffalo NY 69888
To work for ABC Company as a Pet Sitter where I will be able to utilize my genuine love for animals, and concern for their health, happiness, as well as wellbeing.
• Working knowledge of handling different kinds of animals and pets
• Well-versed with different breeds of domestic pets
• Free of allergies from animal hair/dander
• Able to lift and handle pets weighing 30 lbs
• Demonstrated ability to comply with company policies and procedures at all times
SIT N STAY PET SERVICES – Buffalo, NY
May 2020 – July 2020
• Provided in-home pet care services to different clients
• Performed leashed walks, off-leash socials, cat care, and pet taxi
• Ensured adequate exercise and playtime for pets
• Cleaned and bathed dogs, cats, rabbits, and other domestic pets
• Offered oral and topical medications when needed
• Provided first aid to animals when required
• Explained the service agreement, care procedure, and assessment to pet owners
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Graduated in 2020
CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL, Buffalo, NY
Animal CPR – 2020
Current driver’s license, auto insurance, and reliable vehicle
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good listener with excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Responsible and organized
• Profound time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
• Able to work over-time and stay at night