The position of the pet sitter or dog walker requires a lot of flexibility and the working hours may vary.
Some weekend and evening work might be required.
Certification in animal CPR or any training classes will be a plus if you are thinking to work in pet care arena.
In addition, special knowledge of different breeds of cats and dogs might be important to the pet owner. Therefore it should be mentioned in a resume.
The following pet sitter resume sample will guide you on how to write your resume when you have no experience in hand.
Tip: Even if you have no experience as a pet sitter, you can still write your experience section by mentioning your non-relevant or volunteer jobs and relating your duties to pet sitting job.
Pet Sitter Resume No Experience
32 York Street, Buffalo NY 69888
Seeking a position as a pet sitter utilizing my genuine love for animals, and concern for their health, happiness, and well being.
• Working knowledge of handling animals and pets
• Free of allergies from animal hair/dander
• Well-versed with different breeds of domestic pets
• Able to lift and handle pets weighing 30 lbs
• Demonstrated ability to comply with company policies and procedures at all times
SIT N STAY PET SERVICES – Buffalo, NY | May 2016 – July 2017
• Provided in-home pet care services including leashed walks, off-leash socials, cat care, and pet taxi
• Ensured pets are given enough exercise and playtime
• Cleaned and bathed dogs and cats
• Gave oral and topical medications when needed
• Provided first aid when required
• Explained the service agreement, care procedure, and assessment of pet
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Graduated in 2018
CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL, Buffalo, NY
Animal CPR – 2018
Current driver’s license, auto insurance, and reliable vehicle
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good listener with excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Responsible and organized
• Profound time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
• Able to work over-time and stay at night