Resume writing for server assistant position can take a lot out of time and effort – no way are they simple documents that can be written in a hurry.
When you write a resume, you should be aware of a few things that make it just right for the hiring manager.
The format should be navigable and the information in it must be useful.
Here is a sample that is written along these lines:
Server Assistant Resume Example
120 Dundee Drive| Lake Worth, FL 68201
(000) 350-9854 | barbevans @ email . com
High energy Server Assistant with 8 years of extensive experience in providing support services to hosts and servers, in a fine dining hospitality capacity. Proficient in setting and clearing tables, and providing auxiliary services according to the rules and protocols of the restaurant.
Actively prepares tables and buffets for dining purposes, ensuring that an aesthetic approach is used. Stocks, maintains and cleans designated food stations, ensuring that they are in a constantly replenished state.
Effectively able to relay accurate orders to the kitchen area, and ensure that they are expedited. Adept at responding to guests’ inquiries and requests, and resolving their issues in a timely and friendly manner.
|✓ Bussing||✓ Cleaning/Maintenance||✓ Station Setup|
|✓ Beverage Serving||✓ Kitchen Liaison||✓ Food Preparation|
|✓ Roll-ups||✓ Complaint Handling||✓ Restocking|
|✓ Storage Maintenance||✓ Bartender Support||✓ Customer Management|
• Performed order-taking and serving duties during a particularly busy day, for 44 tables, within one shift.
• Implemented a restocking system which effectively streamlined the process, making it 65% more efficient than before.
• Successfully bussed 3 buffet tables simultaneously, for 3 different events taking place at the restaurant.
• Increased the efficiency of order delivery by placing a system which expedited orders in a real time manner
Four Seasons, Lake Worth, FL | 6/2013 – Present
• Assist hosts in looking for appropriate seating arrangements for patrons on waiting lists
• Seat patrons and offer menus and welcome drinks and water to them
• Accompany the waiter while orders are being taken and ensure that order slips are delivered to the kitchen area
• Follow up on orders, expediting them as much as possible, and check prepared orders for accuracy
• Bring orders from the kitchen area to patrons’ tables and assist servers in placing them in front of each patron
• Refill water glasses and take and process orders for additional beverage and food items
• Clean tables and chairs as soon as patrons leave, and bus them immediately so that they are ready for the next set of patrons
• Stock service and condiments stations, ensuring that any item low in supply is obtained, or communicated to the manager
Hyatt, Lake Worth, FL | 2/2009 – 8/2013
• Cleaned and sanitized surfaces such as floors and counters in the kitchen
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen equipment such as grill, fryers and ovens
• Assisted food preparers by cutting, cubing and chopping meats, vegetables and fruits
• Coordinated efforts with food servers to ensure that all orders are expedited and delivered to customers in a timely manner
• Oversaw food and supplies inventory, ensuring that low stock situations are immediately communicated to the manager
High School Diploma
Lake Worth High School, Lake Worth, FL | 2007