If you are looking for a position as a Food Server, then you will need to write a well-written cover letter and a resume.
There are several ways to make a compelling resume for a food server position. An excellent way to do this is to show your accomplishments by using percentages and numbers.
This means that you need to put in information that may depict how much you contributed to the previous company in terms of increased customers and profits by providing your superb services.
This will make your resume look professional and prominent among others.
The following sample resume for the Food Server job is intended to cope with this challenge successfully.
Also, this food server cover letter will help you make a perfect job application package.
Sample Resume for Food Server Position
12 S Example Road – Freeport, ME 25412
sara @ email . com
Customer service… Time management… Communication…
Driven and detail-oriented food service professional with 10 years’ successful track record. Highly skilled in greeting and guiding guests, taking orders, communicating accurately to the kitchen staff, and delivering correct orders to the customers. Exceptional talent for organizing tables, seats, and station numbers. A friendly and courteous individual who proactively takes care of guests’ needs and finds new ways to improve service standards.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Acknowledging customers
· Thorough understanding of menus
· Very attentive to guests’ needs
· Tables cleaning and setting
· Work areas cleanliness
• Pioneered new ways of providing prompt customer service which increased guests’ influx by 20%
• Achieved server of the month award three times
Park View Hotel – Freeport, ME
May 2012 – Present
• Greet guests and take orders
• Deliver orders to the kitchen personally or punch into the POS system
• Provide suggestions to customers and make aware of the Chef’s Special of the Day
• Assist in bussing and resetting tables
• Check prepared orders for accuracy
• Attend to guests during the entire dining time
McDonald’s – Bismarck, ND
Feb 2007 – May 2012
• Greeted guests and escorted them to their seats
• Provided guests with prompt and courteous service
• Tracked reservations and the waitlist
• Coordinated the activities of the dining room staff
• Ensured the area is neat and sanitized
• Handled guest complaints
High School Diploma
Bismarck Public School, Bismarck, ND | 2006
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods
• Good telephone etiquette
“Every day, I am determined to make the most of my food service skills.”
Superior references available