The job industry has rapidly changed in the recent years therefore an old resume format might not get a prospective employer’s liking. Below are some guidelines which will help you build a modern resume for medical secretary position:
● Start your resume with a powerful summary. Less experienced candidates can use a career objective instead.
● Do not only state job descriptions but also talk about your accomplishments.
● Make sure that the education section comes after the experience section.
● Organize the content of your resume into short but understandable bullet fragments.
See also: Medical Secretary Cover Letter
|3110 Garden Ave • Columbus, OH 67883|
(003) 444 – 5555
gabriela @email . com
Performance Summary: Service-driven professional with 7+ years’ progressive front desk handling and office management experience within healthcare settings. Proficient in physician assistance and patient coordination. Functional knowledge of electronic medical record keeping. Well versed with ICD-9 coding protocols.
• Track record of consistently enhancing level of patient satisfaction.
• Adept at greeting patients and scheduling appointments.
• Effective skills in history taking and compiling patient data and information.
|– Coding and Billing||– Database Management||– Record Keeping|
|– Doctor Coordination||– Pre-Service Instructions||– Information Gathering|
|– Query Response||– Appointment Scheduling||– Patient Preparation|
|– Insurance Claims||– Front Desk Handling||– Procedure Assistance|
• Initiated and installed a new and faster database software and transferred patient data successfully enhancing over all storage by 100%.
• Deployed an ingenious interactive board based interdepartmental communication system that reduced appointment overlapping by 75%.
• Attained the most dedicated employee award in 2011.
NORTHWEST HOSPITAL, Columbus, OH (9/2010 to Present)
• Respond to patient queries in person and on phone
• Explain treatment plans to patients
• Schedule follow up visits and first time appointments
• Maintain patient database updated and take detailed history of new patients
HEAL HOSPITAL, Columbus, OH (4/2007 to 8/2010)
• Greeted walk-in and scheduled patients
• Checked and coordinated doctor availability
• Guided the patients to the relevant departments
• Maintained the reception area in good order
Community College, Columbus, OH – 2007
Associate of Science in Medical Assistance
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• ASCL Certified
76 Sunrise Lane, Ocean View, DE 72430
(952) 978-9009, Email
OBJECTIVE: Medical Secretary Position with Mount Sinai Healthcare Center utilizing clerical and administrative skills along with proficiency in medical terminology in order to orchestrate a smooth flow of office operations.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 2 years of practical and applied experience in clinical environment
• Highly skilled in providing administrative support to clinicians
• Proven ability to type and proof read technical papers and manuscripts
• Hands-on experience in assisting patients with medical procedures and relate issues
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Transcription||• Filing||• Scheduling|
|• Equipment Ordering||• Records Maintenance||• Reception Management|
|• Data retrieval||• Equipment usage||• Physician Assistance|
• Strong word processing skills
• In-depth knowledge of spreadsheets
• Insurance billing procedures
• Able to be trained in CPT and ICD9 coding
Medical Secretary | Cincila Healthcare – Ocean View, DE | March 2014 – Present
• Schedule patients for appointments and procedures
• Take detailed patient information and record it in database
• Acquire insurance authorizations
• Maintain logging system
• Maintain medical charts as and when required
• Prepare correspondence and manage incoming and outgoing mail
• Take and record patient vitals
• Compile documents for billing procedures
• Assisted doctors with writing a medical paper on Bone Deformation by managing scripting and proofreading for them
• Managed dissemination of trained medical secretaries for the clinic’s newly opened offices in three states
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Delaware State Certified Medical Assistant
Ocean View City College, Ocean View, DE – 2012
Associate’s Degree in Medial Administration