The job industry has rapidly changed in recent years. Therefore, an old resume format might not get a prospective employer’s liking.
Below are some guidelines which will help you build a good resume for the medical secretary position:
- Start your resume with a compelling summary statement. Less experienced candidates can use a career objective instead.
- Write your accomplishments and job duties.
- Make sure that the education section comes after the experience section.
- Organize the content of your resume into short but understandable bullet fragments.
See also: Medical Secretary Cover Letter
Medical Secretary Resume Sample 1
3110 Garden Ave
Columbus, OH 67883
Service-driven Medical Secretary with 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in front desk handling and office management within healthcare settings. Proficient in physician assisting and patient coordination. Functional knowledge of electronic medical record keeping. Well-versed with ICD-9 coding protocols.
• Track record of consistently enhancing the level of patient satisfaction.
• Adept at greeting patients and scheduling appointments.
• Effective skills in history-taking and compiling patient data and information.
– Coding and Billing – Database Management
– Record Keeping – Doctor Coordination
– Pre-Service Instructions – Information Gathering
– Query Response – Appointment Scheduling
– Patient Preparation – Insurance Claims
– Front Desk Handling – Procedure Assistance
• Initiated and installed a new and faster database software and transferred patient data successfully enhancing overall storage by 100%.
• Deployed an ingenious interactive board-based interdepartmental communication system that reduced appointment overlapping by 75%.
• Attained the most dedicated employee award in 2021.
NORTHWEST HOSPITAL, Columbus, OH
(9/2010 – Present)
• Respond to patient queries in person and on the phone
• Explain treatment plans to patients
• Schedule follow-up visits and first-time appointments
• Maintain patient database updated and take the detailed history of new patients
HEAL HOSPITAL, Columbus, OH
(4/2007 – 8/2010)
• Greeted walk-in and scheduled patients
• Checked and coordinated doctor availability
• Guided the patients to the relevant departments
• Maintained the reception area in good order
Community College, Columbus, OH – 2007
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Ability to work in fast-paced healthcare settings
Medical Secretary Resume Sample 2
76 Sunrise Lane
Ocean View, DE 72430
(952) 978-9009, Email
Exceptional clerical and administrative skills along with proficiency in medical terminology to orchestrate a smooth flow of office operations.
• 2 years of practical and applied experience in the clinical environment
• Highly skilled in providing administrative support to clinicians
• Proven ability to type and proofread technical papers and manuscripts
• Hands-on experience in assisting patients with medical procedures and related issues
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Transcription • Filing
• Scheduling • Equipment Ordering
• Records Maintenance • Reception Management
• Data retrieval • Equipment usage
• Physician Assistance
• Strong word processing skills
• In-depth knowledge of spreadsheets
• Insurance billing procedures
• Able to be trained in CPT and ICD9 coding
Cecilia Healthcare – Ocean View, DE
Sep 2020 – Present
• Schedule patients for appointments and procedures
• Take the detailed patient information and record it in the database
• Acquire insurance authorizations
• Maintain the logging system
• Assisted doctors with writing a medical paper on Bone Deformation by managing scripting and proofreading for them
• Managed dissemination of trained medical secretaries for the clinic’s newly opened offices in three states
Glazier Healthcare – Ocean View, DE
Feb 2020 – Sep 2020
• Maintained medical charts as and when required
• Prepared correspondence
• Managed incoming and outgoing mail
• Took and recorded patients’ vital signs
• Compiled the documents for billing procedures
Ocean View City College, Ocean View, DE – 2012
Associate’s Degree in Medical Administration
Delaware State Certified Medical Assistant