If there is one thing that resumes really do, it is put you on the employee map, provided that they are written carefully.
Resumes can be played with as long as they deliver what they are supposed to.
The following Metallurgist resume template can be used to base your own on:
Metallurgist Resume Sample
25 Pentland Circle, Folsom, CA 80021
Donnaking @ email . com
Resourceful and experienced Metallurgist with widespread comprehension of studying the properties of metals, and applying findings to practical applications, including metal production. Proficient in working with a wide range of metals such as copper, iron, steel and zinc.
• Demonstrated ability to design and control processes to separate metals from ore
• Highly skilled in assessing the physical nature and behavior of metals to determine their specific properties
• Competent in controlling the shaping of metals by using procedures such as casting, rolling, forging and drawing
• Qualified to design metal components and prototypes, and performing quality testing procedures
|✓ Welding and Soldering||✓ Corrosion Testing|
|✓ Mechanical Testing||✓ Complaints Investigation|
|✓ Research Work||✓ Heat Treating|
|✓ Process Flow Chart Design||✓ Processing Methods Oversight|
|✓ Accidents Investigation||✓ Material Failure Management|
|✓ New Alloys Development||✓ Separation Processes|
Idex Corporation, Folsom, CA | 6/2008 – Present
• Design and develop methods to separate metals from other components, with special consideration for the environment
• Create and oversee extraction processes, and deal with different aspects of production
• Design and control processes to monitor and test for metallic corrosion
• Develop and implement ways to improve metals by making them stronger and adaptable to their surroundings
• Perform testing work to ensure that metals meet both quality and safety standards
• Assess the physical structure of metals, and produce reports on research and tests
• Control the shaping of metals through procedures such as casting, rolling and forging
• Install and commission processing equipment, and perform structural analysis through use of sophisticated software
• Successfully determined the cause of an air crash, by studying a core metallic part which was responsible for the tragedy.
• Implemented novel alloy development processes, reducing production time by 65%.
Nucor, Folsom, CA | 2/2002 – 6/2008
• Reviewed customers’ requirements from drawings and specifications, and translated them into internal metallurgical instructions.
• Performed a variety of lab activities to predict and monitor process performances.
• Assisted in calibrating and checking the accuracy of equipment, including density meters and cyanide analyzers.
• Ascertained that metallurgical activities are completed according to specified SOPs.
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on metallurgical equipment and instruments.
• Introduced the concept of heat treating, making production processes 50% easier than before.
• Chosen as the person to be hired for all major catastrophic accidents, requiring metallurgical insight.
California State University, Folsom, CA | 2001
Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy Science
Last updated on