As a shoe salesman, your main priority should be to fix your resume, when applying for a job.
By fixing, we mean that your resume should be formatted properly, and hold information that is necessary to a hiring manager.
A shoe salesman’s resume must be exceptionally well-structured.
Information regarding one’s experience in sales (particularly in a shoe selling capacity) must be highlighted.
As important is to ensure that the structure or format of your resume is navigable.
For a shoe salesman position, look through the following resume sample to gain ideas:
Shoe Salesman Resume Sample
7 Fall Road, Cary, NC18803
Salesman with 7+ years of experience in selling shoes and accessories. Highly competent in determining customers’ requirements, and providing them with correlating services. Well-versed in meeting sales targets, while ensuring delivery of exceptional customer services.
- Consistently met goals by 100%, between the years 2015 and 2018.
- Implemented an inventory management system, as a result, decreased stocking issues by 80%.
- Introduced a unique visual merchandising system, hence, increased sales by 50%.
- Doubled as a cashier for 3 weeks, during a particularly busy sales season.
Bertie’s Shoes, Cary, NC | 2015-present
- Welcome customers when they arrive at the shoe store.
- Inquire into their show buying requirements.
- Assist customers in choosing shoe types and styles from display boxes.
- Measure customers’ shoe sizes.
- Look for specific shoes in inventory, and retrieve the right sizes.
- Assist customers in trying out shoes, as well as in fitting them on their feet.
- Lead customers through the payment procedure.
- Pack purchases, and provide information regarding returns and exchanges.
- Clean and tidy up shelves and displays.
- Ensure optimum levels of inventory, and communicate low stock situations to supervisors.
- Respond to customers’ queries, and complaints in accordance with company policy.
- Create and maintain records of sold, returned, and exchanged shoes and accessories.
First Show Company, Cary, NC | 2012-2015
- Led customers to their choice of shoe displays.
- Provided customers with information on different shoe types.
- Retrieved shoes from stores and assisted salesmen in helping customers try them on.
- Cleaned displays by dusting them, ensuring that display items are not damaged.
- Assisted in setting up visual merchandise items as instructed.
High School Diploma
Cary High School, Cary, NC