Building a modern resume for a sales director position requires a lot of effort, time, as well as some professional help.
In the current scenario, recruiters spend less than 15 seconds on average before they send a resume in the ‘yes’ or ‘no’ pile.
Therefore, candidates need to make their resumes really compelling. The best way to do this is to give them what they are looking for.
Build your resume using a simple format, by highlighting your value tactfully in the minimum possible space.
Make sure that your resume begins with an impressive profile summary statement.
Related: Sales Director Cover Letter
Sales Director Resume Example
5443 Avalon Square
San Diego, CA 45993
veronica . reese @ email . com
Results-driven, multi-talented sales professional with a track record of strategic business development to grow revenue. Charismatic personality; a proven team leader with exemplary business sense coupled with strong interpersonal skills. Known for making profitable deals with partner companies and third parties.
Sales Proposal Development | Performance Metrics Setting
Cold Calling | Team Management
Strategic Planning | Market Analysis
Product Promotion | Team Building
EDGE WAVE, San Diego, CA
Apr 2013 – Present
• Generated $1.5 million in revenue in the first quarter of employment by closing a long-pending deal
• Enhanced the productivity of the sales team by 60% through highly effective sales development workshops
• Coordinated weekly target meetings
• Conducted market surveys
• Devised effective sales strategies in light of research
• Set weekly/monthly sales targets
• Developed viable strategic plans to achieve the targets
• Conducted routine workshops for team development
• Regularly monitored the sales team for productivity
• Motivated sales teams to close deals
SABIC PLASTICS, San Diego, CA
May 2009 – Apr 2013
• Boosted clientele ratio by 50% by implementing impactful sales techniques including cold calling, targeted packages, telemarketing, and product promotion through social media
• Assisted in market forecasting, budget management, as well as strategic planning
• Conducted key accounts, profit/loss management, and analysis
• Led the growth of the sales department by providing constant sales guidance
• Monitored the sales cycle while developing corresponding targets
• Cultivated productive relations with vendors to facilitate sales
• Closed beneficial deals after fruitful negotiations with prospective client parties
Master of Business Administration
City University, San Diego, CA – 2002
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Bilingual: Fluent in English/Spanish
• Advance level PC proficiency, social media networking skills