Working as a sales director requires consummate skills in motivating sales teams to work toward achieving targets.
When writing a cover letter for the sales director position, just answer the question ‘why should they hire you.
In your letter, show that you are adept at designing strategic sales plans. Communication and interpersonal skills should also be highlighted.
Since you will be applying for a position of high responsibility, you must focus on past achievements, such as exceeding sales goals.
Write what percentage of sales increased with your efforts. Also, mention your reporting and follow-up skills.
Related: Sales Director Resume
Selling skills and persuasion abilities, and leadership and managerial skills must also be mentioned in your sales director cover letter.
Write to impress as much as possible.
Sales Director Cover Letter Sample
April 12, 2022
Mr. David Mandle
Human Resources Manager
1944 Wade Road
Dover, DE 39284
Dear Mr. Mandle:
When I read your ad for a Sales Director at Macy’s, I could not help but notice how well your requirements align with my skills and background. My solid experience in working in sales positions would enable me to make a significant contribution to this position.
As can be seen in the attached resume, I have worked in the sales arena for 20 years, the last 7 of which have been in a director role. During this time, I have handled many challenges. In particular, my qualifications include:
• Track record of leading and motivating sales staff to improve customer services.
• Proven ability to design and implement strategic plans to reach sales targets.
• Competent in cultivating lasting relationships with customers.
• Able to assess costs, competition, and supply and demand.
• Hands-on experience in effectively communicating through proposals and presentations.
• Highly skilled in comprehending and working with competitive landscapes and market trends.
• Expert in establishing sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas.
Owing to my expertise in maintaining sales volumes, and product mixes by keeping current with supply and demand, I managed to stabilize the company’s main sales outlet. A 25% increase in sales at the said outlet is also attributed to my sales outreach efforts.
It would be a pleasure to meet with you in person in order to provide you with a wider view of my skills. You may contact me at (000) 556-5702 if required. Thank you for your consideration.