Sales coordinators are considered as essential members of the sales department within any organization. While their specific duties may depend on what their job description says, they all work towards one common goal – meeting sales targets.
Since sales is a promising career especially for people who like fast paced working environments, many people opt to work in sales. Sales coordinators need to be excellent at communicating with people especially their team members and customers. Since they are in constant contact with customers, it is crucial for them to be good conversationalists and possess a positive approach.
Many companies hire sales coordinators who have excellent telephone skills since they handle inquiries from customers over the telephone quite often. Another reason for prospective employers to want to hire people with communication skills is the fact that they are required to handle a company’s email inquiries as well.
To pursue a career as a sales coordinator, you have to possess a college degree in either sales or marketing. The ability to think logically and work long hours acts as a significant deciding factor for employers interviewing people for this position.
If this is your choice of career, have a look at the following list of job duties particular to the position of a sales coordinator. These statements will help you while preparing your resume.
Sample Job Description for Sales Coordinator Resume
• Respond quickly and efficiently to all incoming calls for information.
• Ensure that all incoming emails are replied to in a prompt fashion and with pertinent information.
• Prepare proposals for new and existing customers and facilitate showing of facilities and services.
• Contract bookings and assist sales consultants in the execution of sales processes.
• Generate lists of prospects and contact them by following standard operating procedures.
• Coordinate and execute sales and service events.
• Prepare sales-related documents such as contracts and event orders.
• Promote awareness of company’s brand image.
• Gather materials and assemble information packages for specialized sales events.
• Contact customers, make appointments and relay information to designated sales personnel.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by accurately processing order.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure that any issues are handled immediately.
• Maintain sales records and prepare sales activity reports.
• Record progress of all customer inquiries.
• Encourage repeat business by networking with existing customers.
• Provide input and ideas into marketing initiatives and assist in monitoring responses.
• Assist in actualizing marketing strategies and maintain business communication with customers.
• Communicate with distributors and company representatives to resolve queries aimed at business practices.
• Act as the face of the company by appearing in sales conferences and events.
Last updated on