A resume is a brief and informative summary of one’s qualifications. Keep this definition in mind and build your resume for a sales consultant position accordingly.
Before writing your resume, write down your skills and main competencies and then select the ones you think the potential employer would value most.
You may not possess all the desired skills – it’s not a problem, but presenting the ones you do possess effectively is very important.
Remember, prospective employers like to see concise resumes, therefore, skip unnecessary details and highlight your core competencies and accomplishments in a time-saving manner.
Sample Resume for Sales Consultant Position
572 Honey Lane
Plano, TX 67999
richard.Jason @ email.com
Highly motivated, results-oriented sales professional with extensive experience in driving new business by creating innovative sales plans. Demonstrated ability to targeted prospect accounts, understand customers’ needs, and deliver the value proposition for the company’s products and services. Known for developing and implementing innovative strategies for sales enhancement. Able to persuade clients in their buying decisions.
✔ Goal setting
✔ Account management
✔ Product presentations
✔ Strategy development
✔ Rapport building
✔ Market competition analysis
✔ Market needs evaluation
✔ Buyer behavior
HJY Accessories, Plano, TX
April 2011 – Present
• Apply and exhibit client retention techniques
• Handle incoming cash and outgoing transactions, keeping a complete record of the same using inventories
• Groom and mentor the new inductees on the sales team
• Revitalized an important contract with a bulk buyer through effective and timely application of sales strategies
• Developed and implemented a sales training program that educated and groomed a team of 25 salespersons productively
Femi-Max Women’s Attire, Plano, TX
June 2008 – March 2011
• Assisted clients in their purchase decision via efficient translation of pricing policies and product details
• Conducted competitive market analysis and suggested sales strategies based on market surveys and calculated comparative sales studies
• Designed and launched a successful debut campaign for the HJY Line of cosmetics working with a team of 7 sales staff members
Bachelor of Business Administration
Higher Business Studies Center, Plano, TX
• An outgoing, energetic and motivated personality
• Advanced computer skills especially in PowerPoint
• Multilingual: Spanish, English, French
• Incomparable convincing power
• Out of the box thinking