New Home Sales Consultant Job Description
A new home sales consultant may perform most of the duties of one who sells property as a whole – the only difference is perhaps that new home sales consultants assist their clients in buying and selling new homes.
The main purpose of this job is to generate leads and follow up on ones that can be converted into business giving opportunities.
As a new home sales consultant, it is imperative for you to be an exceptional communicator as you will need to prospect, clients, convince them to make purchases and sales and also, close the deals.
Demonstrating honesty and integrity is also important if you want to work as a new home sales consultant. Understanding the needs of clients and developing plans to meet those needs is of the utmost importance in this work.
Job Duties for New Home Sales Consultant Resume
- Generate leads through referral and network systems and perform cold calling duties
- Follow up on generated leads to convert them into business-providing clients
- Confer with clients to determine their home buying and selling needs and provide them with information on available properties and clients
- Set up meetings between buyers and sellers and draw up buying and selling contracts
- Create presentations on homes on the market and run clients through each house that they are interested in
- Build relationships with co-brokers and realtors to exchange information regarding available new homes
- Follow up with clients through email and telephone and keep them abreast of developments
- Generate contracts based on industry standards and government regulations and incorporate any required addendums
- Provide clients with information on prices of houses and associated costs and handle negotiations
- Prepare fully marked-up plans and show any changes in a clear and concise manner
- Explain contracts to clients and ensure that they understand each and every term before they sign the contract
- Hook up with existing clients to determine if they have any new home buying needs and to acquire referrals
- Create and maintain logs of clients and their business-providing potential
New Home Sales Consultant Position Requirements
Working as a new home sales consultant requires you to possess some knowledge of the real estate business.
You do not need to have more than a high school diploma or an equivalent to work at this position though.
If you have some prior experience working in real estate, you will be considered as a good contender.