Outside Sales Representative Interviews can be quite jarring to go through, especially if you haven’t prepared well. The key here is preparation. Going through the following set of interview questions and answers will help you along:
6 Common Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions and Answers
1. What made you decide to find your niche in outside sales?
I have worked in a sales capacity for over three years now, and about a year ago, I decided to diversify in outside sales. It is then that I discovered my niche in it, and I haven’t looked back since.
2. What skills do you possess which make you an excellent person to hire as an outside sales representative?
My sales skills are amazing, and I am not just saying that. Apart from a great ability to sell products and services to even the most reluctant of customers, I am great at following up with clients, and ensuring that they are provided with updated product and service information. I also have a solid track record of effectively meeting (and exceeding) sales goals assigned to me.
3. What has been your highest accomplishment till now?
Having worked as an outside sales rep for such a long time has resulted in many great accomplishments. The one that I am proud of is the way in which I increased the company’s client base by 65%, through aggressive sales pitches.
4. What is the most challenging thing that you have performed while working in an outside sales capacity?
My work as an outside sales representative has provided me with many challenges over the years. I have yet to come across one that can honestly be coined as difficult for me.
5. What have been some of your principal duties while working as an outside sales representative?
I have been busy prospecting clients through the telephone and email, and have set meetings with them. Meeting clients, providing them with information on available products and services, and convincing them to make informed purchasing decisions, and ensuring that the company’s (and self) sales goals are appropriately met, have all been part of my work as an outside sales representatives.
6. How do you do to make sure that you meet your sales goals on time?
I am an exceptionally talented individual, who knows his priorities. I make sure that I effectively strategize my work so that sales goals are met on time. It is my ability to organize my work effectively that leads to me meeting sales goals on time.