Retail sales associates work as first contact personnel in a retail environment.
Their primary job is to answer customers questions and assist them in finding and selection of merchandise. This position requires a person to be friendly and outgoing as the need to please customers is quite eminent in a retail environment.
A resume for a sales associate position is a marketing tool that is used to sell your skills and potential to a prospective employer. Landing a job in the retail sector is not the purpose of your resume.
In fact, it is a tool which persuades the hiring manager to learn more about your skills and qualifications in an interview.
You may use the following retail sales associate resume sample to write your own when applying for a job in this profession.
Related: Retail Sales Associate Cover Letter
Retail Sales Associate Resume Example
6375 S Hudson Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 70145
(000) 589-1021 | amanda @ email . com
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Customer Service… Communication… Teamwork…
• 9+ years’ extensive experience in retail sales and merchandising arena
• Proven record of driving profitable sales through promotions and merchandise display
• Known for exceeding store sales goals collaboratively
• Proficient in building exceptional customer experiences through engagement, positive attitude and great service
• Well-versed in performing daily departmental maintenance tasks
• Keeping track of repeated customers, their likes, and dislikes and their contact information
• Anticipating customer responses
• Reading, writing, math and latest technologies
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Achieved 100% sales goals in the year 2014 by putting in place excellent selling techniques.
• Increased customer base by 30% during the year 2015 following excellent customer services resulting in recurring business.
Retail Sales Associate
All Solutions – Los Angeles, CA | 2013 – Present
• Assist customers with product selection and queries
• Investigate customer complaints and provide solutions accordingly
• Set up store displays and merchandise
• Operate cash register as and when necessary
Retail Sales Associate
City STores – Los Angeles, CA | 2009 – 2013
• Managed shelf stocking and pricing activities
• Handled inventory and stocks
• Reviewed merchandise movement
• Inspected merchandise for quality and quantity
High School Diploma – 2008
John Marshall High School, Los Angeles, CA
• Flexible schedule
• Listens to instructions actively and acts quickly
• Computer: Retail Software, MS Word, and Excel