Resume writing standards keep changing and it is often difficult to keep up with them.
But we have to keep up if we want a chance at being chosen for our dream job. By all means, use your previous resume to hash out a new one but do not use the previous one as it is.
Applying for a new fashion retail job now will require you to add information about your achievements and competencies (if you had overlooked putting them in earlier). You may also need to change your summary statement so that it fits your professional profile of “now”.
Here is an example:
Fashion Retail Sales Associate Resume Sample
423 Washington Avenue
Hebron, ND 23871
april.rice @ email . com
FASHION RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
A hardworking fashion sales associate with 8+ years of experience in exemplifying an optimistic and energetic presence by building strong relationships with customers and peers. Effectively able to meet set sales goals by employing expertise in promoting clotheslines and accessories. A self-directed, action-oriented professional who has a documented success in determining consumer behavior and market trends in fashion through extensive research.
• Special talent for handling visual merchandising displays in accordance with holiday themes and current fashions.
• Unmatched ability to convince customers to purchase accessories along with their main clothes purchases, as part of upselling efforts.
• Proven record of efficiently determining the store’s standing through vendor analysis and cumulative markups.
• Increased the retail outlet’s market share by a staggering 37% owing to extensive market research efforts which led to improvements in business strategies.
• Met sales goals constantly between the years 2019 and 2020.
• Created a colossal Star Wars thematic display to promote the company’s costume clotheslines in time for the movie’s release.
• Suggested accessorizing casual wear sported by the company which increased sales by 55%.
Fashion Retail Associate
GAP INC., Hebron, ND
6/2017 to Present
• Assist customers arriving at the store by inquiring into their buying needs
• Lead or escort customers to racks that contain their choice of clothes and accessories
• Assist in choosing the right type, size, and color of the chosen item and produce it from the storage area
• Provide suggestions for buying accessories such as jewelry, scarves, and shoes
• Assist customers during fitting processes and provide honest feedback
• Lead customers through payment procedures and arrange for their purchases to be carried to their vehicles
• Stock shelves and racks with clothing items and accessories and ensure that all sizes and colors are available in storage
• Handle visual merchandising activities by sticking to the set theme strictly
• Provide support to marketing and promotion teams in promoting new clothing items and accessories
• Order, manage and take out the stock and ensure that any item that is low in stock is procured in a time-efficient manner
• Handle complaints and returns according to set store policies and protocols
Fashion Retail Assistant
TORY BURCH, Hebron, ND
(1/2012 to 6/2017)
• Performed market research to determine current trends in fashion and competition status
• Assisted in setting up visual displays in an aesthetically pleasing manner
• Handled customers’ queries and responded by providing them with assistance in looking for desired clothing items
• Assisted in fittings and took information for alterations
• Bagged customers’ purchases and ensured that deliveries were made promptly
Associate’s Degree in Retail Fashion
HEBRON FASHION SCHOOL, Hebron, ND – 2006
• Visual Merchandising
• Promotional Activities
• Stock Control/Inventory
• Design and Production
• Loss Management
• Thematic Displays
• Consumer Behavior
• Generational Marketing
• Strategic Merchandising
• Market Research