A resume objective is a brief statement that says all about the candidate. It starts with a purpose (what the candidate wants) and goes on to explain how he or she intends to contribute to the company.
Resume objectives are always about employers. While the candidate will obviously gain from it (both salary and experience), there is no need to mention it because it will create a selfish impression.
How to write a good objective statement on a retail sales associate resume?
- Start by writing the position title and the prospective company’s name.
- Write information on your key skills that are related to the sales associate job description.
- Mention how you intend to use your skills to surpass the expectations of the employer.
Here are 11 samle career objectives to guide you further:
Sample Objectives for Retail Sales Associate Resume
Experienced Sales Associate Objectives
1. Customer service-oriented Retail Sales Associate looking for a position at Lennox International. Bringing extensive comprehension of customer satisfaction metrics, through exceptional service delivery.
2. Top performing retail sales professional with over 6 years of relevant experience seeking a position as Retail Sales Associate at Dick’s Sporting Goods. Offering a successful track record of promoting the company’s programs including warranty sales and seasonal promotions to bring new customers onboard while servicing existing customers.
3. Strong desire to work for Golf Galaxy as a Retail Sales Associate. Eager to apply proficiencies in providing customers with exceptional services, processing shipments, replenishing sales floors, and handling operational tasks of a busy retail environment.
4. To work as a Retail Sales Associate for Pet Food Express employing skills in ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, through the delivery of exceptional service.
5. Results-driven and passionate Retail Sales Associate seeking a position at ABC Company. Offers 3 years of dedicated experience assessing customers’ needs and providing assistance and information on product features and benefits. Able to “go the extra mile” to drive sales and ensure repeat business while placing emphasis on customer satisfaction.
6. Detail-oriented and friendly Retail Associate seeking a position with Ross Stores. Bringing exceptional expertise in maintaining good customer services and ensuring proper merchandise presentation to surpass the profit targets.
7. Uniquely qualified retail professional looking for a Retail Associate position at Goodwill Stores utilizing 6+ years’ experience in interacting with customers in a friendly manner and leading them through purchase processes efficiently and effectively.
Entry Level Retail Sales Associate Objectives
8. Recent high school graduate poised to contribute to the success of Home Depot in the capacity of a Retail Associate position. Offering the ability to assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications.
9. To contribute to Macy’s as a Retail Associate with by utilizing proficiencies in determining customers’ needs based on personal preferences. Able to handle complaints with a positive demeanor and provide effective solutions.
10. To work as a Retail Associate for SEE Eyewear. Geared to resourcefully determine customers’ needs and provide them with correlating solutions.
11. Seeking a position as a Retail Associate with K-Mart utilizing exceptional knowledge of creating unique, personalized shopping experiences for all customers, based on their individual needs.
Additional Guidelines to Write a Great Retail Sales Associate Resume Objective Statement
Open a resume well, and the chances are that it will end well too. Writing a career objective at the very beginning of your retail sales associate resume serves more than one purpose.
Firstly, it gives the hiring manager a point of introduction to hold on to.
Secondly, it provides them with a summary of your capabilities and work-related aspirations.
A resume that begins with an objective has a higher chance of being successful because it looks structured to the reader.
As the objective statement opens your resume, it needs to be all-encompassing and concise as well. How does one do both? One makes sure that one puts in only relevant data that will provide information in a nutshell.