In order to impress the prospective employer, you need to create a highly compelling retail sales assistant resume.
A standard resume cannot possibly work well for all jobs. Therefore, customize your resume as per the employer’s needs.
How to Craft a Great Retail Sales Assistant Resume?
- Place the most relevant and recent information on the top of each section.
- State your key accomplishments.
- Keep the length between one and two pages.
- Avoid complex fonts and layout.
- Use short bullet points or tables to mention your retail skills.
- Avoid writing long paragraphs.
- Include a professional summary to address the role-specific needs of the reader.
- Send a Retail Sales Assistant Cover Letter along with resume.
The following resume sample for retail sales assistant will guide you how to write a good resume.
Retail Sales Assistant Resume Sample
3011 Florence Lane, Downey, CA 45008
samuel @ email . com
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT
“I offer excellence in merchandise management and am eager to exceed customer expectations.”
Ambitious and customer service-oriented retail sales professional with a track record of assisting and educating customers. Well-versed in up-selling new products and enhancing client satisfaction through exceptional sales skills. Competent at using POS systems to fulfill customer orders, replenishing stock and operating a till machine.
– Greeting Customers
– Cash Register Management
– Bill Generation
– Stock Analysis
– Inventory Maintenance
– Product Promotion
• Developed and implemented new and competitive display patterns that enhanced the sales by $8000 per month.
• Enhanced customer satisfaction by demonstrating a positive approach towards work and a highly client-centered attitude.
• Developed effective communication channels that ensured timely restocking of merchandise.
Retail Sales Assistant
Just Jeans, Downey, CA
2017 – Present
• Process account application information that resulted in 20+ new accounts weekly.
• Calculate quarterly fee billing for more than 80 accounts.
• Price and arrange stock in shelves using creative display strategies.
• Build rapport with incoming clients and answer their product and pricing related queries accurately.
• Deal with customer complains effectively.
• Collect and process payments for the goods and generate bills for the clients.
• Promote new products by introducing them to regular clients.
Retail Sales Associate
Forever New, Downey, CA
2008 – 2017
• Managed customers flow that increased productivity by 20%.
• Proactively handled customers’ concerns.
• Ensured merchandise was fully stocked.
• Introduced displays for the store windows to promote the sales.
• Explained the features of various products to customers.
• Assisted customers in choosing products suitable for them.
• Received incoming stock, checked it against the ordered list and stacked the same neatly in shelves.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Downey Technical College, Downey, CA – 2008