Video editing is one of the most important steps in making a film. Therefore, a video editor is an important individual for any organization looking to hire one.
That is why the applicant’s resume must be excellently written, with solid information on their skills, qualifications, experience, and accomplishments.
When writing a resume for a video editor position, make sure that you choose a friendly format.
Place information such as your ability to capture quality photographs and videos, and manage and oversee technical aspects of recording and editing.
See the example below to get ideas.
Related: Video Editor Cover Letter
Video Editor Resume Example
121 Heaven Lane, Augusta, GA 80214
Over 8 years of success in assembling recorded footage into complete projects. Recent experience includes manipulating and editing film pieces and reviewing shoot scripts and raw materials to create shot decisions. Skilled in managing multiple projects at the same time, while maintaining the quality of end-products. Proven ability to ensure logical sequencing and smooth running of last cuts.
Raw Footage Assembly | Digital Cutting
Fine Tuning | Editing
Asset Gathering | Graphics Creation
Video Exporting | Footage Splicing
Visual Footage | Sound Effects
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS AS A VIDEO EDITOR
• Simultaneously handled 3 video editing projects, ensuring all of them were delivered on time
• Suggested a new graphics creation software, reducing development time by 25%
• Trained 5 video editing interns in performing sound effects, and digital cutting processes
Weber Shandik, Augusta, GA
Jun 2013 – Present
• Create original video content for different online, youtube and offline campaigns
• Research stories, profiles, backup images, and facts
• Edit footage in order to meet the director’s specifications
• Write compelling short scripts, promos, and product descriptions
• Assist artists in performing voiceover narratives
• Manipulate and edit film pieces, and input music, graphics, and effects
• Trim and sequence footage segments
• Create rough and final cuts for various video projects
• Choose creative solutions to positively affect the end product
• Review raw material to determine which shots to use
• Trim footage and put together different video pieces
• Insert dialogues, and special effects
Video Editing Intern
Refined Concepts, Augusta, GA
May 2010 – Jun 2013
• Assisted in setting up equipment and software for video editing purposes
• Manipulated film footage by using modern editing techniques
• Put together rough projects and trimmed footage as instructed
• Ensured that assigned film projects followed logical sequences
• Created rough and final cuts
Master’s Degree in Video Production
Georgia State University, Augusta, GA – 2009