Showcasing your communication and interpersonal skills in a resume plays a key role in establishing your employability with a company.
That is because all professions need communication and interpersonal skills in some form or another.
Although some career counselors claim that these should fall under the broad category of soft skills, yet they continue to be a major requirement for many positions.
Expressing interpersonal skills in writing is confusing and even more difficult in a resume, which is meant to be an objective document, unlike the cover letter which allows room for personalization.
Just like in the case of technical skills, it is common practice to empower interpersonal skills with strong and impactful action words.
If you are finding it difficult to word your interpersonal skills for a resume, then seeing the following list of 25 common interpersonal skills will be helpful.
Do not copy the exact phrases, but modify the same to reflect the interpersonal skills that reflect your potential most.
25 Sample Interpersonal and Communication Skills Phrases for Resume
- Good listening skills
- Taking, understanding an following instructions
- Getting along with co-workers
- Taking directions and following them to book
- Explaining things clearly
- Understanding and addressing the client’s needs and preferences
- Inspiring and mentoring a team of workers to enhance productivity
- Providing counseling to individuals and groups
- Motivating and energizing staff to improve productivity
- Mediating and intervening between two parties to settle dispute
- Facilitating the communication process
- Networking skills
- Creating and maintaining professional relationship with clients and coworkers
- Greeting customers and respond quickly to their queries
- Answering phone calls and answering customer queries
- Coordinating over matters with two or more parties to reach a consensus
- Utilizing conflict resolution strategies effectively
- Issuing instructions in an understandable way
- Patient personality with a high tolerance level
- Proven leadership qualities with the ability to take along a team
- Matchless presentation skills
- Excellent convincing power
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Great persuasion skills
- Strong negotiatiation power