Retouchers are hired by a variety of organizations usually for promotional and marketing projects.
Despite the rapidly increasing demand for retouchers in the job market, the competition in the field is getting tougher.
In order to land you an interview, your resume needs to be very appealing.
Besides fine photo editing skills and techniques, a winning retoucher resume must also demonstrate a familiarity with using the advanced tools in popular photo enhancing digital software.
A portfolio is also a must to accompany your resume and cover letter for retoucher position.
Retoucher Resume Sample
920 JBC Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 78332
angelica @ email . com
Methodical and detail-oriented photo retouching professional. Trained in image cloning, digital enhancing, image animating, and silhouetting. Adept at outsourcing product images for clipping, working on tightly scheduled timelines.
• Ability to retouch, crop, color correct, and enhance images efficiently
• In-depth knowledge of RGB workspace and web publishing
• Skilled in using fine tools in various photo editing software including Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
• Proficient in P3 CS3 retouching
• Particularly effective in image layer work and color management
• Color Correction
• Image Cloning
• Image Optimization
• Adobe Bridge/Photoshop/InDesign
• Designed and created a fine artwork for the billboard ad promotion for a client and received 3 awards for the same
• Restored images and correct colors for a revival project showcasing photography images from more than a decade back in time
• Prepared a detailed, heavy volume restored image portfolio to perfection for an external client in very limited time
Retoucher | Oct 2015 – Present
DSW, Brooklyn, NY
• Retouch mechanical productions and designs for advertisement
• Restructure optical effects and styles for presentations
• Enhance textural elements on given designs for maximum image optimization
• Communicate with marketing department constantly regarding the volume of designing required and associated deadlines
Ovex Technologies, Brooklyn, NY
Aug 2009 – Sep 2015
• Worked on image enhancement projects, meeting all deadlines
• Reconstructed and corrected textural elements of various images
• Worked in layers for fine detailing of images
• Restored and optimized images by rectification of any imperfection in the images
• Coordinated with internal and external clients to determine client preferences and set time frames for the projects assigned
BA in Fine Arts
The University of Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY