General Motors – more commonly known as GM – is a multinational automotive company in the USA and Canada. It produces cars and trucks and sells its services through many brands such as Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Opel, and Vauxhall amongst many more.
There are many positions that you can apply for at GM because it is a huge conglomerate and has many offices that it needs staff for. Let us have a look at what its core staff members – the automotive tech support – do while working in this company. The job of automotive tech support is to provide technical assistance to customers calling to their office. They work with the customers to determine the cause of an automotive failure and strive to fix it.
The following is a resume example that caters to the need of someone applying for this position. This format will give you a general idea of how to create an effective resume for GM.
9302 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 33320
george @ email . com
Seeking an Automotive Technical Support Agent position at General Motors utilizing knowledge of automotive processes and operations to provide the company’s customers with the best in technical services. ASE Certified.
• Five years of productive work experience as an automotive technical support agent.
• Functional knowledge of providing problem deciphering and troubleshooting services to customers.
• Hands on experience in using electronic and computer systems to determine problems and manage fixes.
Feb 2009 – Present
GOODYEAR, New Orleans, LA
Automotive Technical Support Agent
• Listen to customers’ complaints and diagnose issues
• Provide part replacement services for cars sold from Goodyear
• Diagnose cause for malfunction and manage repairs as necessary
• Test vehicles on roads to determine problems and ensure solutions
• Save parts under warranty to ensure free replacements
Dec 2008 – Jan 2009
MAZDA, New Orleans, LA
• Assist in opening car parts to determine problems
• Confer with customers to determine the nature of the problem
• Provide tools to the technician during a repair process
• Assist in managing paperwork activities
CITY COLLEGE, New Orleans, LA – 2007
Associate of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• In-depth knowledge of complex engines
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Good judgment and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend and carry out written and verbal instructions