Dollar General cashiers are hired only if they are exceptionally talented at what they do. Since the company has a reputation to uphold, it is important that applicants show their suitability for the job through a well-crafted resume.
The resume must include information on your ability to operate cash registers, balance cash drawers, display merchandise. and provide exceptional customer service.
Prior experience and competency in relevant capacities are also important to highlight in your Dollar General cashier resume.
The following resume sample tells you how to go about it:
Related: Dollar General Cashier Cover Letter
Dollar General Cashier Resume Sample
5 Hobbins Road, Naples, FL54121
Highly energetic and hardworking individual, with over 8 years of experience in a cashier role. Results-oriented, with strong customer service skills. In-depth knowledge of determining prices, processing payments, and balancing cash and credit card payments. Proficient in operating standard and complex POS systems, and implementing discrepancy lowering measures.
• POS Operations
• Cash Processing
• Exchange and Return Management
• Customer Assistance
• Discrepancy Management & Refunds Processing
• Checkout Area Maintenance
• Singlehandedly processed 75+ transactions in one shift on a, particularly busy workday.
• Successfully handled a cash register discrepancy that had been hanging in the middle for 2 weeks.
• Increased the company’s sales by successfully cross-selling store items.
• Reorganized merchandise shelves, increasing monthly sales by 5000$.
Dollar General, Hobbs, NM
July 2018 – Present
• Greet 50+ customers per shift and assist them in placing their purchases on the counter
• Check item prices and confirm them from the system
• Scan each item to punch it into the system
• Calculate bills and provide customers with total payable information
• Process cash and credit card transactions
• Tender change and receipts, and ask customers to cross-check them
• Assist customers in bagging their purchases
• Arrange for heavy bags to be carried out to customer’s cars
• Balance cash drawers and handle discrepancies as they arise
• Create bank deposit slips, and deposit cash into the company’s account
• Maintain the cleanliness of checkout counters
Customer Service Representative
Macy’s, Hobbs, NM
July 2015 – July 2018
• Assisted customers in finding their choice of products
• Demonstrated product features in order to convince hiring managers to buy items
• Led customers through the payment procedures
• Assisted in bagging purchases, and performing refunds and exchanges
• Stacked shelves according to marketing directives
High School Diploma
Naples High School, Naples, FL – 2015