A medical receptionist provides assistance to patients and families.
During duty time, a receptionist uses several skills that help the facility run smoothly while maintaining the clinic’s professional image.
The skills section of a medical receptionist resume contains specialized training/education and summarizes personality traits that would be beneficial for your prospective employer.
The medical receptionist skills section can also be known as Profile, Strengths, Qualifications, or Capabilities.
Below are some sample skills for medical receptionist resumes. Feel free to select 4 to 5 skills statements to make your resume.
Sample Skills for Medical Receptionist Resume
• Highly skilled in performing front desk duties in a busy and fast-paced healthcare setting.
• Well-versed in greeting patients and families, checking in patients, and responding to patient inquiries.
• Competent in booking appointments, resolving patients’ issues, and taking patients to exam rooms.
• Exceptional talent for booking appointments and maintaining patient medical records.
• Documented success in answering and screening telephone calls on a multi-line system, taking messages, sending faxes, and providing appropriate information.
• Proficient in adding and updating necessary information in the medical database.
• Talented to perform all kinds of registration functions and collect copays.
• Well-versed in gathering relevant patient information for physicians.
• Able to coordinate transportation for patients and assist with ambulatory difficulties.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, nurses, and doctors professionally and courteously.
• Profound knowledge to check in and check-out patients efficiently.
• Able to multitask and work in a fast pace environment.
• Excellent customer service awareness.
• Able to schedule tests and procedures and enter referrals into the system.
• Adept at managing busy waiting rooms.
• Familiar with advanced medical office procedures.
• Proficient in clinic supplies inventory maintenance.
• Known to create a clean and safe work environment for staff and patients.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Organized and punctual.
• Ability to multi-task while working collaboratively.
• Strong knowledge of EMR, Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish.