Whenever you set yourself to the task of cover letter writing for Psychology Practicum, ask yourself one question – why am I writing this cover letter?
The answers of your mind in response to this question will guide you through the process.
You need a cover letter to motivate the reader to take a look at your resume, to present yourself in a favorable light and to relate your qualifications to their needs.
If you focus on the goals of your cover letter the content will automatically become pertinent and compelling.
There are many formats and templates available for Psychology Practicum cover letter, but you need to make a plain document.
Introduce yourself uniquely, relate your competencies to the employer’s requirements and end the letter with confidence.
See the sample below to get a better idea.
Psychology Practicum Cover Letter Example
431 Wesley Lane • Monroe, LA 87993 • (009) 444-2011 • s[Email]
March 13, 2018
Mr. Daniel Carter
KVC Health System
776 Lilly Ave
Monroe, LA 87993
Dear Mr. Carter:
I am responding to your ad for psychology practicum position at KVC Health System. I am currently a final year master’s degree student of counseling psychology at the St. Claire’s University. I possess an exceptional academic record – and my professors speak highly of my analytical, academic and interpersonal skills.
• A bachelor’s degree in Psychology and ongoing M.S in Counseling and therapy.
• Excellent observation and listening skills with proven ability to develop and maintain positive relationships.
• Extensive knowledge of modern and contemporary counseling techniques.
• Respects clients’ privacy and confidentiality.
• Full command on history taking, goal determining and chalking out therapeutic remedies based on cognitive and behavioral schools of thought.
My strong assessment skills, a track record of working professionally with colleagues and professors, and volunteer experience, add more weight to my candidacy.
Believing myself to be a forerunner of your psychology practicum position, I would like to meet with you in person to discuss the prospect in detail. I will call your office next week to set up a meeting date and time.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
sara @ email . com
Last updated on