Whenever you set yourself to the task of cover letter writing for Psychology Practicum, ask yourself one question: why am I writing this cover letter? The answers your mind generated in response to this question will guide you through the process. You need a cover letter to motivate the reader to take a look at your resume, to present yourself in favorable light and to relate your qualifications with their needs. If you focus on the goals of your cover letter the content will automatically become pertinent and powerful.
There are many formats and templates available for Psychology Practicum cover letter but you need to make a plain document. Just write a unique introduction, relate your competencies with the employer’s requirements and end the letter with confidence.
431 Wesley Lane • Monroe, LA 87993 • (009) 444-2011 • sara @ email . com
May 5, 2017
Mr. Daniel Carter
KVC HEALTH SYSTEM
776 Lilly Ave
Monroe, LA 87993
“We can choose to throw stones, to stumble on them, to climb over them or to build with them.”
-William Arthur Ward
Dear Mr. Carter:
With this letter I am responding to your ad for psychology practicum position. Currently a final year student of counseling psychology at the St. Claire’s Institute of counseling studies I possess an exceptional academic record – and my professors speak highly of my analytical, academic and interpersonal skills.
• An Associate Degree in Psychology and ongoing B.S. in Counseling and therapy
• Excellent observation and listening skills with proven ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
• Extensive knowledge of modern and contemporary counseling techniques
• Ability to respect client privacy and confidentiality
• Full command on history taking, goal determining and chalking out therapeutic remedies based on cognitive and behavioral schools of thought
My strong assessment skills, track record of working professionally with colleagues and professors and volunteer experience with the Red Cross add more weight to my candidacy.
Believing myself to be a forerunner of your practicum position, I would like to see you in person to discuss the prospect in detail. I will call your office next week to set up a meeting date and time.
Thank you for your time and consideration.