Starting your cover letter may seem a little overwhelming, especially because you have no experience in hand.
The following sample and tips will help you to make a unique cover letter and get the psychology internship you’re aiming for.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for Psychology Internship?
In order to make an effective cover letter, you have to customize it as per the requirements of the company you are applying to. Specifically, you have to include the following information in your cover letter:
- Background and education in the field of psychology
- Customer service, communication, and people skills
- Ability to interface with individuals of all age groups
- Talent to address individuals who are in crisis or are at high risk
- Thorough understanding of statistics and normative data
- Productive time management skills
- Leadership qualities and personal characteristics to work effectively with clients
Best Sample Cover Letter for Psychology Internship
November 11, 2020
Ms. Julie Andrew
Mosaic Community Services
6521 Some New Street
Orem, UT 62331
Dear Ms. Andrew:
Please accept this letter as an application for a Psychology Internship at Mosaic Community Services. I am a senior at the University of Utah, currently pursuing my Master’s degree in Psychology. My skills and educational track record make me a strong contender for your internship program.
As can be seen in the attached resume, my classroom assignments, coupled with project experiences, have equipped me to perform counseling, crisis intervention, and psychological assessments. Additionally, I have a great ability to work with people who are facing psychological problems, including children, adolescents, pre-marriage/married couples, and older adults.
Furthermore, I have substantial knowledge of screening clients while following mental health laws and HIPAA privacy practices. These capabilities would enable me to contribute to the success of Mosaic Community Services.
In addition to my coursework and work experiences, I possess the patience, honesty, exceptional work ethics, and excellent communication skills. I have attached my resume and recommendation letters from professors and service supervisors in order to support my application.
I will call your office after two weeks to follow-up and provide any additional information. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to discussing my qualifications with you soon.
Additional Guidelines to Write a Psychology Internship Cover Letter?
- Enter the necessary information first by stating your contact details, followed by the employer’s contact details.
- Introduce yourself in a conversational yet formal tone.
- Paint your personality, highlight the relevant traits that you believe could come in handy at work.
- Remember, do not just copy and paste this Psychology Intern Cover Letter Sample. It is in your best interest to customize it to suit your needs.
The above cover letter sample will help you in building a great cover letter for a psychology internship. Feel free to add, change, and adjust elements in these Psychology Intern cover letter to convey your academic training, earlier job experience, skills, and present goals to the recruiter.