Does it sound odd to compare an employer with a client? It may seem that way but in actuality, it is not far from the truth.
An employer is like a client because of his specific needs that you need to fulfill.
When an employer sees a resume, he is actually looking for someone who can meet the perceived needs of his company as closely as possible.
The more that you understand about a prospective employer, the better your resume can be constructed.
Let us take the example of a maintenance porter’s resume.
As a comprehensive document that details a maintenance porter’s work profile, a resume should be given much thought.
See also: Maintenance Porter Cover Letter
Here is a sample resume for someone applying for this position:
Maintenance Porter Resume Sample
25 Packard Drive, Antioch, TN 24866
arudard@ email . com
Dedicated, helpful Porter with vast experience in handling the cleaning and maintenance needs of large companies. Able to work independently and follow instructions to ensure the upkeep of office premises. Solid track record of handling interior and exterior maintenance and cleaning duties. Demonstrated ability to maintain positive relationships with supervisors and residents with the aim of ensuring exceptional resident services.
• Preventative maintenance
• Physical dexterity
• Routine maintenance
• Hand/power tools
• Pressure washing
• Cleaning chemicals
• Customer service
• Trained 4 groups of maintenance porters in creating positive resident relationships.
• Obtained “World Class Service” following delivery of exceptional customer services to residents.
• Introduced the Little Waste concept through which recycling activities were introduced to the company.
• Streamlined the waste disposal system, thereby reducing the time it took to dispose of garbage by 45%.
Gava Residential Facility, Antioch, TN | 5/2013 – Present
• Handle cleaning duties inside and outside of the building
• Perform daily rounds of the building to determine need for repair and maintenance
• Handle repair and maintenance needs of facility equipment and fixtures
• Ascertain constant supplies needed for cleaning and maintenance purposes
• Change bulbs, replenish bathroom supplies and vacuum and shampoo carpets
• Water flowers and shrubs and assist gardeners in handling grounds maintenance and landscaping needs
• Clean and polish furniture and wash windows
• Ensure that car parks and walkways are clear of debris and snow
• Mix chemicals in safe amounts and use them in accordance to safety protocols
Hartley House, Antioch, TN | 1/2009-5/2013
• Swept and mopped the inside and outside of buildings using brooms, brushes and mops
• Cleared debris and snow off walkways, driveways and parking lots
• Sprinkled antifreeze on driveways to ensure safety of cars
• Vacuumed and shampooed carpets and cleaned and polished furniture
• Washed bathrooms and windows using a safe mix of cleaning detergents
• Assisted in carrying out landscaping duties
Yale High School, Antioch, TN