Resumes written for porter positions need to highlight the individual’s knowledge of the work primarily. However, at the time of writing a resume to apply for a first job, you might come across some difficulties in determining what exactly to write in one.
In the good news department, the experience is never necessary at the entry-level – skills are. And since you are applying for a porter position, we take it that you have at least some skills to sell.
Typically, the resume should highlight what you know about cleaning and maintenance work within a residential, commercial, or office building.
Highlighting the fact that you are exceptionally talented in many areas such as repair and maintenance, and even guest services will help your case.
Resume sample for a porter position without experience coming up!
Entry Level Porter Resume With No Experience
8 Mine Road, Conway, AR12795
Enthusiastic, competent, and resourceful individual, with a solid interest in working as a porter. Ability to handle cleaning and maintenance work in a residential and commercial capacity. Effectively able to provide excellent guest services.
High School Diploma
Conway High School, Conway, AR – 2018
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Luggage Management
- Sweeping and Mopping
- Building Security
- Guest Assistance
- Maintenance Management
- Damage Control
- Emergency Evacuation
- Appliance Maintenance
Free Residential, Conway, ND
1/2020 – 5/2020
- Greeted guests and residents as they arrived, and directed them according to their requirements
- Assisted both residents and guests by handling and transporting luggage
- Cleaned and maintained all building areas, such as halls, receptions, and offices
- Performed maintenance tasks such as fixing wires and changing bulbs
- Ensured that alarms were in good working order at all times
- Conducted regular safety checks of the buildings, as instructed
- Spearheaded a citywide cleaning spree, which was self-initiated
- Volunteered services at the local orphanage for 6 weeks at a time, during 4 summers
English, French, and Spanish