The main purpose of a cover letter is to introduce your candidacy while highlighting your relevant experiences and competencies to help you get an interview.
Just like a good resume, a good cover letter for an optometrist assistant position should be employer-oriented.
In order to write a professional cover letter, highlight your candidacy as a suitable applicant. You should also convince the hiring manager that you have the courage to excel in an optometrist assistant role.
Clearly explain how you are uniquely qualified for the job and showcase some of your relevant achievements as well.
Here is an example:
Sample Cover Letter for Optometrist Assistant Position
143 West Shire
Mesa, AZ 56774
jacob . reese @ email . com
July 9, 2021
Mr. Linton Gale
56 Forest Avenue
Mesa, AZ 56774
Dear Mr. Gale:
It is with continued interest and enthusiasm that I respond to your job posting for Optometrist Assistant. With 10+ years’ track record in the optometrist assistance arena, I believe that I have unique talents that could benefit to Vision Plus.
Below are some highlights of my qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in fabricating accurate spectacles and contact lenses based on the optometrists’ prescription.
- Profound expertise in retinal imaging, autorefraction, and visual field screening.
- Apt at taking and compiling ocular histories of patients and organizing the information obtained to facilitate the diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to educate patients regarding care and usage of newly made optical equipment.
- Special talent for order processing, front desk handling, and clerical work.
Over the years, I have established a solid reputation as a proactive optometrist assistant who is highly perceptive of the optometrists’ needs. My reference letters speak highly of my potential abilities.
I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and discuss my professional strengths. Please call me now to communicate a suitable interview date and time. I will follow up on this application at the end of this week.
Thank you for your time and consideration. My resume is enclosed for your review.