In a hotel front desk agent resume, demonstrate your achievements and skills in handling the reception area while providing exceptional customer service.
Provide a professional title and authentic details about your roles and undertakings that equal the skills sought.
Here is a sample of a detailed resume for a front desk agent. Feel free to use this example as a template to build or update your resume.
108 N Cherry St | Lake Charles, LA 70671 | (000) 251-1412 | michaelalfred @ email . com
HOTEL FRONT DESK AGENT
Performance Summary: Top performing Hotel Front Desk Agent who delivers high standards of quality, with experience of handling guest registrations, both check-in and check-out. Proficient and reliable in handling cash and credit cards payments. Provides prompt service when dealing with guest complaints and resolves problems in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Proficient in following through guest wake up calls and messages
• Expert at running/correcting credit issues by running a credit limit report at the end of each shift
• Adept at providing directions and information about the city or hotel to guests or callers
• Skilled at coordinating cleaning services and supplying guest rooms within prescribed time constraints and in accordance with hotel standards
|• Scheduling||• Check In/Out Process||• Cash Handling|
|• Credit Card Transaction||• Report Compiling||• Emergency Handling|
|• Reservation Modification||• Call Logging||• Guest Billing|
|• Fund Auditing||• Customer Service||• Communication|
• Followed through with all guest wake up calls/ messages with 100% precision between the years 2011 and 2015
• Ranked #1 for exemplary services on a Guest Satisfaction Survey conducted by the Association for Tourist Satisfaction
• Reduced chances of loss items by introducing a tagging system at the time of registration
• Assisted the authorities in tracking a criminal suspect by reporting suspicious looking activity to the Housekeeping Leader regularly and with 95% validity
Hotel Front Desk Agent
Marriott, Lake Charles, LA (6/2014 – Present)
• Greet guests upon arrival and departure at front desk and provide information regarding room types, availability and rates.
• Obtain identification and payment method from guests before assigning rooms and place data into relevant computerized files
• Manually and electronically compile reports against guest accounts and vouchers
• Direct guests to appropriate hotel staff members for matters pertaining to food, housekeeping and laundry services
• Dispense information regarding hotel policies and daily activities in response to questions on phone or in person
Front Desk Agent
HolidayInn Express, Lake Charles, LA (5/2005 – 6/2014)
• Economically allocated money towards maintenance, activities, events and bills
• Controlled admittance to safety deposit boxes and kept an account of the access list
• Instructed bell boys to provide assistance with luggage
• Accompanied guests to assigned rooms and halls
• Dispatched delivery attendants and hotel staff via two-way radio or telephone
Wood Suites, Lake Charles, LA (1/2002 – 5/2005)
• Cleaned guest rooms to prearranged standards using company approved chemicals and cleaners
• Examined rooms, halls and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture and equipment
• Inventoried and stocked room attendant cart and ensured that appropriate amount of supplies are available
• Reported lost and found items to housekeeping leader (bagged the item, recorded room number, date, and description)
• Prioritized scheduled rooms to be cleaned based upon allocation of group rooms/early arrivals
High School Diploma – 2002
LAKE CHARLES HIGH SCHOOL, Lake Charles, LA