Even though plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters are three separate occupations, their duties are often the same. For instance, these professionals install pipes and fittings that take water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids in the domestic, commercial, and industrial setting.
They attach pipes, decide the required materials for a job, and carry out pressure tests to make sure a pipe system is sealed and waterproof.
They are employed in repairs departments of factories, plants, and comparable establishments, by plumbing contractors, or they might be self-employed.
The following plumber resume sample is designed in a way that contains all the necessary qualifications and skills a plumber must have to show the employer.
As it is a detailed resume, you may add or remove some statements/phrases and sections per requirements.
Don’t forget to include a plumber cover letter in your job application package.
Plumber / Pipefitter / Steamfitter Resume Sample
58 5th Avenue, Conroe, TX 65521
Plumber, Pipefitter, and Steamfitter
Over 6 years of experience as a plumber and pipefitter in different settings. Highly skilled in reading blueprints, drawings, and specifications to establish the layout of plumbing and water supply systems. Demonstrated ability to join pipes using screws, bolts, couplings, clamps, cement or soldering, brazing, and welding tools. In-depth knowledge of Installing, repairing, and maintaining domestic, commercial, or industrial plumbing fittings and systems. Hands-on experience to measure, cut, bend, and thread pipes using hand and power tools.
• Profound ability to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
• Proven record of preparing cost estimates
• Able to cut the opening in walls and floors to put up pipe and pipe fittings
• Track record of locating and marking positions for pipe connections, passage holes, and fixtures in walls and floors
ColonialWebb Contractors – Arlington, VA
• Install pipes and fittings
• Study blueprints
• Examine and test installed pipe systems and pipelines
• Conclude the quantity of material and type of tools needed
• Replace damaged parts
• Troubleshoot and fix systems that are not working
Action Plumbing, Inc. – Marlton, NJ
• Assisted the master plumber in all areas of the job
• Worked in all aspects of the plumbing trade residential and commercial, service
• Replaced sewers
• Greased trap installations and water heaters
• Cleaned drains
• Inspected camera and line locations
Associate of Science in Plumbing Technology
Marlton Technical College, Marlton, NJ | 2009
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Bilingual: English and German
• Computer: MS Word and Excel