Plumbers install and repair water, drainage, gas, and different piping systems in homes and private and public organizations. They also troubleshoot and install fixtures such as toilets, bathtubs, and kitchen appliances, such as dishwashers and water heaters. In some scenarios, they also maintain septic systems.
In order to get a job as a plumber, you will need to craft a well-written and appropriately formatted resume to build a professional image and bring an interview.
How to Write a Professional Resume for Plumber Position?
- Create a visually appealing and easy-to-read resume
- Organize information in a way that has maximum impact on the reader
- Use reverse chronological order (most relevant experiences and education first)
- Use actions words to create a more influential sentence
- Avoid “I,” “My,” “responsible for,” and “duties included.”
The following resume samples for the plumber position will give you a quick start on your job application process.
Plumber Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
883 Derek Drive, Rochester, MI 89392
❖❖ PLUMBER ❖❖
Eager to take on new plumbing challenges every day.
Competent and results-driven Plumber with 13 years of experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting a diverse range of plumbing systems. A self-starter who has a proven ability to provide sophisticated pipefitting solutions within tight deadlines.
ABC COMPANY, Rochester, MI
2007 – Present
• Install new plumbing systems of water, gas, steam, heat, drainage, and sewage and maintain existing systems
• Inspect pipes and joints of boilers, heaters, valves, pumps, sinks, commodes, tanks, and related components to locate malfunctions
• Estimate plumbing labor and material costs
• Respond quickly to plumbing fault calls
• Prepare documentation to obtain plumbing permits where required
• Transport plumbing materials to and from worksites
• Use the computer for tracking assignments
• Perform routine maintenance of plumbing equipment
Key Results and Achievements
• Repaired a complicated and flawed heating system worth 5K saving the company from a massive warranty claim.
• Reviewed seven commercial plumbing/piping blueprint plans and provided feedback to the clients and supervisor, making the procedure cost-efficient and affordable without compromising the quality.
• Independently replaced washroom fittings and fixtures on a 12-room hotel floor as a part of its renovation during the holiday season.
TRADESMEN, Rochester, MI
2004 – 2007
• Assisted in journeyman plumbing assignments
• Installed and repaired plumbing systems, equipment, and appliances
• Made accurate measurements and computations for pipe cutting
• Maintained plumbing hand tools in workable condition
• Assisted lead plumbers in updating and modification of existing plumbing systems
Key Results and Achievements
• Identified and fixed a small leakage in a commercial heating system, enhancing the efficiency of the same by 50%.
• Independently set up a prototype semi-automatic lawn sprinkler system successfully followed by seven big orders for the company through referrals from clients.
Associate of Science in Plumbing and Heating Technology
Community College, Rochester, MI – 2003
Current CDL with a reliable vehicle
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Water system installation • Material determination
• Pipeline inspection • Troubleshooting
• PVC / copper lines • Blueprint study
• Sanitary fixtures • Gas distribution
• Pressure management • Documentation
• Worn parts replacement • Acid waste disposal
• Steam trap treatment • Journey plumbing
• State building codes
“I am committed to maintaining high standards of plumbing practices.”
Plumber Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
55 20th Ave, Houston, TX 65221
To work for Houston Tech as a Plumber, utilizing plumbing skills and experience in adhering to precise procedures and standards to maximize the effectiveness of plumbing projects.
• Over 5 years of experience in the plumbing field
• Twice achieved the “Plumber of the Year” award
• Designed and maintained the plumbing system for two commercial buildings and five residential buildings being part of a plumbing team
• Improved existing plumbing systems
• Managed plumbing systems in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings
– Pipes installation – Quality assurance
– Layout determination – Positioning
– Budgets preparation – Blueprints study
– Pipeline inspection/repair – Tools identification
– Leakage testing – Ordering supplies
– State building codes – Troubleshooting
– Preventive maintenance – Sanitary/water piping
– Environment protection – Communication
PLUMBING GALORE, Houston, TX
• Review blueprints to provide the best plumbing solutions
• Create plans and drawings using Sharepoint to prioritize the sequence of installation and repair work
• Identify the tools and procedures needed for different plumbing activities
• Implement plumbing systems according to the required plan
• Test the system to check for leakages and fix leakages
• Replace broken pipes and open clogged drains
• Measure and bend pipe to different angles
• Learn the advanced principles and protocols of the plumbing trade
ABC COMPANY – Austin, TX
• Assisted lead plumber in installation, connecting, and testing water, gas, and sanitary plumbing systems
• Assembled pipe sections, fittings, valves, and appliances
• Cut and drilled openings as essential for fitting or repair of plumbing pipes
• Mobilized tools and working materials and prepared the same at work locations
• Performed paperwork to keep a record of pending and completed work
• Tested plumbing work for leaks using pressure gauges
• Took appropriate actions to troubleshoot plumbing problems
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Journeyman Certification – 2019
Diploma in Plumbing
Texas Technical College, Austin, TX
Plumber Job Description for Resume
- Visit plumbing sites and prepare cost estimates for clients
- Design and install core plumbing systems in accordance with clients’ specifications
- Study blueprints to determine the type of materials needed to install plumbing systems
- Confer with construction staff to determine what type of plumbing and drainage systems need to be designed
- Test plumbing system performance through observations and make notes on changes or modifications needed
- Identify the required tools and materials to install plumbing systems
- Select the types and sizes of pipes and other fixtures according to the building blueprint specifications
- Locate and mark positions for installing connectors and fixtures
- Install connectors and fixtures in their marked places using appropriate tools and materials
- Assemble and install fittings and valves and recheck to make sure that have been installed properly
- Test plumbing systems through the teething period to ensure that they are in proper working order
- Install sinks, tubs, water closets, and water heaters
- Perform preventative maintenance on fixtures, fittings, and base pipes
- Test pipe systems for leaks and repair leaks and faults
- Repair faulty systems by performing diagnostic measures
- Prepare budgets and corresponding orders for plumbing installation supplies, equipment, and tools
- Schedule plumbing activities in accordance with construction personnel to ensure that no conflicts emerge
Plumber Skills for Resume
- Highly skilled in assembling, modifying, and repairing plumbing systems and tools.
- Well-versed in installing pipe fixtures for heating, water, and drainage systems.
- Proficient in a wide variety of plumbing installations, gas system piping, chiller/boiler piping, and wastewater system.
- Profound knowledge of plumbing codes and trade practices.
- Outstanding ability to estimate materials, labor, and equipment costs.
- Able to execute plumbing orders efficiently using blueprints and drawings.
- Unique talent for measuring and cutting pipes of different sizes.
- Accurate in utilizing and maintaining plumbing tools and equipment.
- Proven record of troubleshooting complex plumbing systems.
- Experience working with various pipe materials and fittings.
- Knowledge of industrial as well as commercial plumbing protocols.
- Competent at making holes safely in walls and ceilings to gain access to piping.
- Talented in performing hydrostatic and pressure tests to find out leakage.
- A creative and independent thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with fire protection strategies and plumbing systems codes.
- Able to comply with OSHA standards and safe working techniques.
- Effectively and timely take and execute instructions.
- Known to work independently and collaboratively with limited guidance.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with exceptional communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform plumbing work efficiently without supervision.
- Proven ability to maintain records and organize daily activity reports.
Top Qualities of a Plumber
- Good communication skills
- A professional and polite approach
- Excellent time management ability
- Good physical stamina
- Able to read and understand instructions
- Familiarity with health and safety guidelines