Plumber’s Assistants help plumbers, steamfitters, pipefitters, or pipelayers by performing tasks requiring fewer skills. Their duties comprise using, delivering, or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and tools.
A Plumber’s Assistant needed to carefully and continuously assist the lead plumbers in completing the rough and finish stages of the plumbing portions.
How to Write a Professional Resume for Plumber Assistant Position?
A plumber assistant resume should be informative, attractive, and easy to read. It should contain information about a candidate’s education, employment, and specialized skills.
The layout should be easy to read and scan – you don’t know for sure if your resume will be read by a human or scanned by a computer so you have to be prepared for both possibilities.
The following resume samples for a plumber assistant position contain specific qualifications, duties, job description, and skills.
Plumber Assistant Resume Example 1
25 Newton Street | Canton, OH 65991 | (000) 568-9657
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in the plumbing field
• Actively troubleshot and adapted to different plumbing situations
• Traveled to various site locations
• Worked accurately and efficiently to meet the needs of clients
• Maintained the knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the plumbing
• Inspected equipment, structures, and materials to make out the cause of errors or other problems or defects
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good math skills including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and calculus
K. Hovnanian Companies – Canton, OH
• Help in fitting pipes, valves, and couplings
• Disassemble and remove spoiled pipes
• Dig and mark ditches
• Lay and join pipe for water and sewer service
• Measure, cut, thread, and assemble new pipes
Peterborough Plumbing – Canton, OH
• Cleaned the work area and machines using solvent and rags
• Cleaned and renew steam traps
• Immersed pipes in a chemical solution to remove dirt, oil, and scale
• Mounted brackets and hangers on walls and ceilings to hold pipes
High School Diploma
CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL, Canton, OH – 2016
Current driver’s license
Sample Resume for Plumber Assistant (Example 2)
795 Kensington Boulevard
Fort Wayne, IN 18272
Successful track record of installing, repairing, and maintaining water/gas piping and controls.
Competent Plumber Assistant with over 5 years of experience in reviewing building plans and specifications to determine building layouts. Well-versed in identifying required tools and equipment to handle plumbing work in both commercial and residential buildings. Takes and follows plumbing work orders vigorously. Adept at effectively handling underground storm sanitary and water piping systems, performing preventative and regular maintenance on plumbing fixtures and appliances and testing pipe systems and fixtures for leaks, and ensuring that they are fixed immediately.
PITWAY CORPORATION, Fort Wayne, IN
(3/2013 to Present)
• Determine each building’s plumbing needs by reading and comprehending blueprints and building plans.
• Install plumbing and heating systems in both residential and commercial buildings.
• Determine water supply networks and drainage systems and ensure that they are properly installed.
• Cut and shape water pipes to ensure that they fit properly.
• Test pipe systems and fix any leaks that may come about.
• Mount brackets and hangers on walls and ceilings so that pipes can be held in place.
• Cut and drill holes in walls and floors to accommodate piping passage.
• Assist in cleaning and renewing steam traps and perform maintenance on piping systems.
• Install gas burners, fit valves, and assemble tanks and pumps.
Key Contributions and Accomplishments
• Installed a first-of-its-kind earthquake-resistant drainage system in the new office of Hewlett Packard on Nevada Avenue.
• Trained a group of 23 plumbing assistants in the use of building and installation codes to help them understand the basics of plumbing work.
• Introduced a new position marking technique that reduced marking time by a whopping 88%.
• Saved a catastrophe from happening by actively monitoring pressure gauges in a suspected high water pressure area in a commercial building.
ARMISTEAD MECHANICAL, Fort Wayne, IN
(1/2011 to 3/2013)
• Assisted in cutting and shaping pipes according to building specifications.
• Provided support for installing piping systems and testing them for usability.
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on HVAC systems.
• Assisted in preparing chemical solutions used to immerse pipes in chemical solutions to remove dirt and oil.
• Handled excavating and digging duties along with laying and joining pipes for appropriate water flow.
Associate of Arts in Plumbing Technology
AA Technical College, Fort Wayne, IN – 2010
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• HVAC Operations
• Position Marking
• Installation Codes
• Environmental Protection
• Water Distribution and Disposal
• Pipe Cutting and Fitting
• Drainage Systems Installation
• Pressure Gauge Observation
• Scheduled Maintenance
• Building Codes
• Bracket Mounting
• Water Treatment Equipment
Note: This resume sample is also useful for the following similar positions:
1. Main Fitter Helper
2. Pipe Cutter
3. Pipe Fitter Helper
4. Gas Fitter Helper
5. Sprinkler Fitter
6. Plumbing Assembler-Installer
7. Sewer Pipe Layer Helper
8. Sprinkler Fitter Helper
9. Trench Pipe Layer Helper