Order Picker Job Description
Order pickers work in warehouses across many industries.
They are responsible for a multitude of tasks the most common being that of picking, storing, packing, and monitoring product or equipment inventory.
Also, they are responsible for managing tasks related to shipping and transportation of goods depending on the setting that they are working in.
Order pickers may be in direct contact with a customer.
This depends on their specific job description.
In places where direct customer involvement is important, order pickers consult with customers about their orders and pick them up for shipment while ensuring the correct quantity of the product in question.
They assemble various types of merchandise for purchase along with transporting the goods to the shipping platform. Order pickers are also expected to repack items when the situation demands them.
Job Duties for Order Picker Resume
• Receive pick tickets from supervisor
• Read order to find out catalog number, size, color, and quantity of merchandise
• Fill and complete order receipts, and assemble orders in shipping containers
• Perform general physical activities in the warehouse; loading, unloading, sorting, and moving products and materials manually and using material handling equipment.
• Obtain merchandise from shelves
• Pack and weigh orders
• Place incoming items in inventory
• Conduct physical counting of inventories
• Pick customer orders for shipment
• Transport orders to shipping locations
• Operate and maintain materials handling tools
• Organize items of pallet
• Oversee the security of the warehouse
• Transport requests to and from the shipping area
• Stock shelves and kept stock clean and in sequence
• Mark containers with identifying information
• Perform general cleaning duties
Order pickers are required to possess a forklift license as operating a forklift is essential in a warehouse environment.
They use them for lifting heavy objects and transporting them from one place to another in a safe manner.
They need to be very organized as they need to ensure the correct number of items to be packed and transported.
Individuals with some technical skills have a great chance of working as order pickers as they sometimes need to perform minor maintenance tasks on equipment.