Order selectors work primarily in warehouse environments. They receive requests from their superiors, ensure that they understand what needs to be “picked” from the storage area, and then make sure that it is delivered to the delivery pallet.
It may seem as if the work or an order selector is simple; in fact, it is quite complicated since much is dependent on the correctness of the order-picking procedure.
It is the responsibility of an order selector to ensure that the selected item corresponds to the order specifications and that both quantity and quality are correct. They need to match the work order with the specified item to do this and make sure that any damaged items are reported immediately and removed from storage.
How to Write a Good Resume for Order Selector Position?
There is only one piece of advice that you need when writing an order selector resume, that is, keep it simple and real.
While it is sometimes natural to get carried away when providing information in a resume, it is essential to keep it as relevant as possible.
Imagine writing something in your order selector resume and then realizing that you put in too much information, ending up with the hiring manager rejecting your resume!
You only get one chance. Therefore, use it wisely. Sample ahead for your reference:
Related: Order Selector Cover Letter
Order Selector Resume Example
781 La Veta Street
North Port, FL 34201
Top-producing Order Selector with 11+ years of progressively responsible experience in fast-paced and busy warehouse environments. A rare combination of skills in selecting customers’ orders and preparing them for shipping. Track record of success working in a busy warehouse environment and continuously ensuring the delivery of exceptional services.
Organized and active, able to determine the location and type of item to be selected and shipped based on information provided in order forms. Superior ability to operate forklifts to pick up large orders while ensuring the safety of people and products in the area
✓ Order Picking ✓ Work Safety Practices
✓ Transportation ✓ Pallet Building
✓ Forklift Operations ✓ Returns Processing
✓ Error Minimization ✓ Warehouse Maintenance
✓ Packing and Labeling ✓ Paperwork
✓ Process Improvement ✓ Stacking Protocols
• Improved the order packaging system by suggesting constant oversight from order selection time to delivery.
• Trained ten other order selectors in safely operating and maintaining forklifts and pallet jacks.
• Introduced a novel order-picking system, which proved to be 85% more efficient than the one already in use.
• Minimized errors in order selection by implementing processes to check and recheck order sheets for order type and quantity.
Super Value Inc., North Port, FL
11/2014 – Present
• Look through order forms and notes to determine the type and quantity of items to be selected.
• Locate articles in the inventory system, assessing their physical location within the warehouse.
• Hand-pick or use forklifts to pick items from their places and compare item information from the order form.
• Transport picked items from the storage to the packaging area, and check them for quality and damage.
• Pack and label selected items according to established protocols, ensuring that all information on them is appropriately placed.
Costco, North Port, FL
5/2012 – 11/2014
• Transported packed items to the delivery area, and ensured their proper and safe stacking in awaiting trucks.
• Ensured that appropriate paperwork is developed and sent with all outgoing shipments.
• Entered outward shipment information in the warehouse system while ensuring that any additional data such as delays and damages is provided as well.
• Physically moved items from storage areas to packing pallets and ensured that appropriate labels were affixed to them.
Whole Foods Market, North Port, FL
2/2010 – 5/2012
• Assisted order pickers in locating required items within specified storage areas.
• Checked information on each picked piece to ensure that it coincided with order form information.
• Loaded items to be shipped onto delivery trucks, ensuring that they are safely stacked.
• Ensured that all assigned warehouse areas were kept cleaned and continuously maintained.
High School Diploma
North Fort High School, North Port, FL | 2009
• Vocollect Technology
• MS Word
• Excel Database
“I remain calm under pressure.“
Sample Job Duties for Order Selector Resume
• Take orders from the supervisor through the telephone or order slip
• Ensure that telephonic requests are written down and repeated to omit chances of errors
• Read and re-read order slips to ensure accuracy
• Select items per order slip and recheck for accuracy
• Make sure that the pulled article is the correct one and is free of any damage
• Lift objects physically or with the use of a forklift in case of bulky items and transport them to the delivery bay
• Make sure that the item is appropriately sealed and labeled following the order slip and item number
• Assist in loading delivery truck using hands or forklift
• Inform supervisor about each dispatched package via telephone
• Receive incoming deliveries of items and ensure that they are stocked in the storage room according to size and type
• Label incoming items as instructed
• Inform superiors of any damaged items and make notes of the type and extent
• Ensure that voice pick systems are maintained properly
• Maintain the cleanliness and order of the warehouse
• Manage records of incoming shipments and outgoing shipments in the company database