A resume is the most important part of a Payroll Specialist job application set because the information in a resume is usually the deciding factor for employers.
The content of your resume should complement the job description provided by a prospective employer.
Payroll Specialist Resume Tips
• List your skills and potentials that might be beneficial to the prospective firm.
• Make a table of your core competencies.
• Write the key results that you have achieved and distinctions you have got.
• Always use a typed resume with a legible font.
• Keep your resume simple and logically-organized.
• Don’t forget to send a payroll specialist cover letter along with your resume.
Following are two sample resumes for a payroll specialist position.
Payroll Specialist Resume Sample 1
112 CandyLane • Ohio, OH 22334• (009) 111-2222 • [Email]
Ensure processing of payroll accurately and timely.
Accomplished accounting professional with a strong proficiency in performing daily payroll operations. Analytic-thinker with full command on e-Time and Kronos, ADP PCPW, Payforce, and Query. Track record of maintaining and checking payroll records for accuracy. High degree of professionalism with a proven ability to deal delicately with confidential material.
• Processed payrolls for 100+ employees accurately and efficiently for 3 consecutive years singlehandedly.
• Enhanced efficiency of payroll process 50% through implementation of time effective automated processing techniques.
• Successfully completed 40 hours of FPC certification on merit.
|• Reconciliation||• Payroll Auditing||• Recordkeeping|
|• Daily Payroll Operations||• Time Sheets Computation||• Check Processing|
|• Attendance Processing||• Garnishment Calculations||• Taxation|
|• Complaint Processing||• Task Prioritization||• Ad-hoc Reporting|
CET COMPANY, Ohio, OH
Payroll Specialist | 2010 – Present
• Generate and maintain employee payroll as well as benefits information in the payroll system
• Reconcile and confirm the accuracy of the payroll data
• Research and resolve payroll differences and errors to ensure accuracy
• Process and issue salary through manual payroll checks, banking, and direct deposit
• Provide timesheets to clients
• Respond to payroll processing inquiries
• Troubleshoot payroll software issues
• Review, analyze, check and correct payroll records
UNIVERSITY OF OHIO, Ohio, OH
Payroll Assistant | 2007 to 2010
• Customized payrolls on request
• Assisted the payroll specialist in compiling reports
• Computed and processed time sheets based on salary and University policy guidelines
• Resolved payroll related issues within SLA
• Maintained various checklists and project plans
Ohio Community College, Ohio, OH – 2006
Payroll Certification (FPC)
St Peter’s High School, Ohio, OH – 2004
Excel, Word, and Access
Payroll Specialist Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
830 Clemons Way – Midlothian, VA 22222
♦ Residence: (111) 111-1111 ♦ Cell: (000) 666-9999 ♦ Email
Decision-maker / Problem-solver / Multi-tasker
• Over 6 months’ experience as a payroll specialist
• Highly skilled in establishing payroll procedures and processing schedules
• Good knowledge of processing payrolls on a weekly, biweekly and monthly basis
• In-depth knowledge of developing user procedures and guidelines
• Proficient in analyzing payroll, benefits and tax procedures and reconciling all documents for consistency
Payroll Specialist | Feb 2017 – Present
MBS Inc. – Midlothian, VA 22010
• Introduce a successful system of payroll management while tapering off the old method slowly
• Attain Employee of the Quarter award twice
• Oversee and manage payroll procedures for employees based on a part-time and full-time basis
• Provide consultancies and train new staff to work efficiently
• Oversee all manual payroll activities
• Create, maintain and manage liaison between different departments and with outside forces to establish and ensure a perfect and working payroll system
Payroll Associate | Summer 2016
Compass Group – Midlothian, VA
• Assisted in analysis and particular project work related to payroll
• Helped the team in daily reporting to management on pre-emptive solutions
• Assisted in organization and improvement of results from daily and weekly queries
Midlothian City University, Midlothian, VA – 2015
BSc. in Finance
• Payroll software: Oracle, OTL, and Kronos
• Advanced Microsoft Excel
• Word, and Outlook
• Motivated and positive attitude
• Ability to speak in an assertive manner
• Demonstrated high integrity