It is impossible for an employer to consider your knowledge of payroll processing if it is not put down on paper – a cover letter helps with that.
As a payroll associate, your concentration should be on your qualifications for the job. In particular, your cover letter should highlight that you can efficiently process attendance records, and check payroll information for accuracy.
How to Write a Payroll Associate Cover Letter?
- Follow the employer’s instructions when writing your cover letter.
- A maximum of 400 words outlining your knowledge of overseeing electronic and manual payments, and processing financial compensations is sufficient.
- Focus on your capability to compile payroll data, distribute payroll, and maintain employee records.
- If you are writing a speculative cover letter, find out the general job description of a payroll specialist, as opposed to a specific one offered by the employer.
Related: Payroll Clerk Cover Letter
Payroll Associate Cover Letter Sample
January 10, 2020
Mr. Jared Cole
Human Resources Manager
Community Health Management Inc.
67 Winter Road SE
Orlando, FL 47232
Dear Mr. Cole:
I would like to apply for a Payroll Associate position at Community Health Management Inc. I have prior experience in payroll management, and deem myself a perfect fit to your requirements.
As you can see from the enclosed resume, I have experience in many payroll-related areas, such as compiling payroll data, maintaining employee records, distributing payroll, and processing financial compensations. Moreover, I am competent in overseeing electronic payments, and can effectively coordinate with human resources personnel to determine changes, such as newly hired individuals, and terminations
Precisely, my skills include the following:
• Preparing and processing hourly and salaried payrolls
• Processing stop payments and payroll adjustments
• Maintaining and updating payroll systems
• Managing employee timesheets and attendance logs
One of my main reasons to choose to work at Community Health Management Inc. is that I have long been interested in providing my services to an organization with a solid standing in the industry. I am also enthusiastic about this post due to my long-standing interest in organizing payroll information and systems for an organized company, which appreciates hard work.
Thank you for taking out the time to read my application. I am available to interview at a time and date convenient to you. If you need to reach me, please contact me at (000) 299-9221.