An order Picker is typically responsible for filling and delivering client orders to the delivery platform in a way that meets Company standards for safety, security, and output.
Your resume for the order picker position is a written snapshot of your background and skills in a warehouse setting. It supports your career goals and addresses the specific requirements of the employer.
It must be remembered that the majority of order picker resumes are not actually read by the employer but are scanned for major information and keywords.
Therefore, your order picker resume should be a brief outline of your order picking skills and professional experience containing relevant keywords in the content.
Take a look at the following sample to make a job-winning resume.
Sample Resume for Order Picker Position
355 7th Street
Flower Mound, ON S6E 9V1
john.doe @ email.com
❖❖ ORDER PICKER ❖❖
Highly energized order picker with over 8 years of experience in picking, storing, packing, transporting, and monitoring product and equipment inventory. Profound ability to operate forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently. Demonstrated ability to maintain the security of the merchandise in the warehouse.
• Picking orders • Material inspection
• Quality assurance • Safety precaution
• Quantity verification • Loading/unloading
• Paperwork • Customer Service
• Replenishing inventory • Inventory counting
• RF terminals • Work area cleanliness
• Expert in MS Office suite
Owens & Minor – Flower Mound, ON
2015 – Present
- Receive pick tickets from the Warehouse manager
- Read order to determine catalog number, size, color, and amount of goods
- Pick customer orders for consignment
- Ensure that the accurate number and type of product were loaded and shipped
- Obtain products from bins and shelves
- Performed shipping and transportation of goods.
ABC Company – Flower Mound, ON
2010 – 2015
- Re-packed and weighed orders
- Maintained material handling tools
- Carried and transported orders to shipping locations
- Ensured that orders were staged in an array of delivery
High School Diploma
Oshawa High School, Oshawa, ON – 2008
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good customer service skills
• Basic math skills
Excellent professional references are available
Also, do not forget to write a compelling cover letter for an order picker to support your resume.
Note: If you have no previous experience in picking or packing, you may include some relevant internships or casual work in the experience section.
Order Picker Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive pick tickets from the supervisor
- Read the order to find out the catalog number, size, color, and quantity of merchandise
- Fill and complete order receipts, and assemble orders in shipping containers
- Perform general physical activities in the warehouse; loading, unloading, sorting, and moving products and materials manually and using material handling equipment.
- Obtain merchandise from shelves
- Pack and weigh orders
- Place incoming items in the inventory
- Conduct physical counting of inventories
- Pick customer orders for shipment
- Transport orders to shipping locations
- Operate and maintain materials handling tools
- Organize items of pallet
- Oversee the security of the warehouse
- Transport requests to and from the shipping area
- Stock shelves and kept stock clean and in sequence
- Mark containers with identifying information
- Perform general cleaning duties
Sample Skills for Order Picker Resume
If you have trouble identifying your key skills, use these samples that help you get started.
- Competent at operating forklift and pallet jack.
- Highly skilled in receiving pick tickets from warehouse supervisor.
- Special talent for reading orders to determine catalog number, size, color, and amount of merchandise.
- Able to obtain merchandise from bins or shelves.
- Track record of picking customer orders for shipment.
- Able to carry and transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with materials handling the equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure orders are staged in order of delivery.
- Adept at guaranteeing the accurate number and type of products loaded and shipped.
Order pickers are required to possess a forklift license as operating a forklift is essential in a warehouse environment. They use them for lifting heavy objects and transporting them from one place to another in a safe manner.
They need to be very organized as they need to ensure the correct number of items to be packed and transported.
Individuals with some technical skills have a great chance of working as order pickers as they sometimes need to perform minor maintenance tasks on equipment.