A well-formatted telephone operator resume acts as an influential tool. It assists you to obtain an interview and a job as a result.
It is useless to include all of your biographies in the resume. On the other hand, list your related experiences and credentials in a way that persuade the employer to know more about you. You should decide carefully which of your qualifications might be included in your resume.
The more evidence you can demonstrate the match between your skills and capabilities to the prospective employer’s requirements, the more successful you will be in obtaining an interview.
In your telephone operator resume, highlight your skills in performing a full range of telephone and PABX operation duties. For instance answering and placing calls, paging and performing secretarial tasks. Likewise, mention your communication and customer service skills in addition to the ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
The following resume sample is formatted in a way which contains all the necessary skills and qualifications required to perform this job efficiently. Feel free to modify this example per requirements.
See also: Telephone Operator Cover Letter
Telephone Operator Resume Example
325 7th Ave, Lihue, HI 35521
Communication | Administration | Friendly disposition
• 8+ years;’ hands-on experience as a Telephone / PABX Operator.
• Suggested the installation of multi-tone electronic telephone equipment. Therefore enhanced inter-department communication by 50%.
• Initiated an answering machine based direct department routing mechanism, reducing client’s waiting time by 70% consequently.
• Earned the “Employee of The Year” award owing to dedication and attention to detail.
• Operating multi-line telephone promptly and professionally
• Processing all codes calmly and promptly
• Interacting with co-workers and customers in a specialized and caring way
• Transferring calls, and monitoring the emergency systems
• Handling all types of situations with diplomacy and politeness
• Remaining peaceful in emergency situations
Hawaii Pacific Health – Lihue, HI
Telephone Operator 2013-present
• Operate telephone switchboard station
• Answer, record, log, and process all the calls, requests, questions, or concerns
• Process requests for wake up calls and screening calls
• Monitor busy or unanswered lines
• Check back with callers on hold to update status
• Receive, record, and relay messages correctly, totally, and legibly
Copeland Oaks – Sebring, OH
PABX OPerator 2010-2013
• Greeted customers and guided them regarding their needs
• Answered the phone on behalf of the organization
• Routed calls to appropriate personnel
• Maintained the front desk area in a professional and polite manner
• Performed clerical as well as reception handling tasks
CITY COLLEGE, Boston, MA 2010
Associate’s Degree in Communications
• MS Office Suite
• PABX Operations
• Reception Software
Download this Resume Sample in Word
Telephone Operator Employment and Wages
In the light of the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) website, the Occupational Employment and Wages of telephone operators are as under. This data was collected in May 2017.
|6,310||8.1 %||$18.47||$38,410||2.5 %|