All medical facilities have medical records management and supervision needs, some more profound than others. In order to make sure that these needs are met properly, it is important to hire a supervisor to do the rounds.
A medical records supervisor is hired specifically to create and implement medical records and filing systems. These individuals need to make sure that all data under their supervision is kept safe and confidential at all times.
Working as a medical records supervisor means that you will need to possess a degree in medical administration, and some experience handling medical records systems. The work of a medical records supervisor is complex, as there is a lot to look into and handle.
Skills & Knowledge
To be able to do justice to this work, it is imperative for people working in this position to be highly organized, possess great insight into handling medical records management work, and have deep knowledge of medical terminology.
In addition to this, you will need to be greatly analytical of mind and possess exceptional skills in communicating with different types of people.
Prior experience in the role of medical records supervisor or manager is also necessary if this is the career path that you want to take up.
Sample Resume for Medical Records Supervisor Job
Anchorage, AK 07342
deank @email . com
MEDICAL RECORDS SUPERVISOR
Highly resourceful and exceptionally talented Medical Records Supervisor with over 7 years of experience in managing activities of a medical records department. Demonstrated expertise in planning and organizing documentation, storage, and retrieval of medical records. Implemented and modified the medical records system in compliance with statutory requirements. Develops and implements policies that preserve the confidentiality of information contained in medical records.
✓ Information Compilation ✓ Data Integrity
✓ System Strategizing ✓ Records Comprehension
✓ Processing Techniques ✓ Information Systems
✓ Patient Records Handling ✓ Data Storing
✓ Communication ✓ Chart Monitoring
✓ Data Retrieval✓ Information Modification
• Successfully replaced the old medical records management system, with a new, efficient one.
• Implemented a data retrieval system, which proved to be 75% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Introduced a series of patient information system modules, resulting in increased ease of handling sensitive information.
• Devised a novel data storage system, proving to be exceptionally safe.
Medical Records Supervisor
Correct Care Solutions, Anchorage, AK
10/2017 – Present
• Direct and supervise work activities within the medical records department
• Oversee the tracking and indexing of electronic media patient and medical records
• Create and implement medical records systems, in compliance with organizational rules
• Develop and implement policies to preserve the confidentiality of information contained in medical records
• Provide assistance to medical staff by providing required information regarding medical and patient records
• Evaluate and modify components of medical information and filing systems
• Monitor chart entries to ensure data integrity and accuracy, and ensure that all information is complete
• Conduct chart analysis, post corrections, and coordinate record investigations
Medical Records Officer
Tech Medical, Anchorage, AK
12/2007 – 10/2011
• Assisted with the development and implementation of medical records systems
• Acquired data to be punched into the medical records system and ensured that it was properly sorted
• Provided medical staff members with information regarding patients and records
• Ensured that all acquired information was updated regularly and that any issues were reported immediately
• Helped in the production of forms, records, and reports reflecting medical records statuses
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Administration
Arkansas State University, Anchorage, AK
Medical Records Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the facility’s need for handling medical records and files, and create and implement core systems to meet these needs.
- Modify medical records systems, ensuring that they comply with licensing and ambulatory care requirements and protocols.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to preserve the confidentiality of information within medical records and files.
- Assist members of the medical staff by providing them with information regarding patient data and medical records.
- Verify the authority of individuals requesting medical and patient information before retrieving data.
- Provide support in the design, development, and implementation of patient information systems, including receiving, storing, processing, and communicating data.
- Evaluate indexes pertaining to filing systems, and provide modifications as necessary.
- Monitor chart entries to ensure that all fields are accurately and completely punched in.
- Conduct random audits of medical charts to ensure their integrity and completeness.
- Resolve issues pertaining to the release of confidential information, misplaced information, or unhappy clients/patients.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with other facilities in a bid to exchange medical information.
- Ensure that all administrative and health statistics are maintained for use by physicians and other medical professionals.
Medical Records Supervisor Skills for Resume
- Records management
- Requesters verification
- Liaison with medical professionals
- Medical records analyzing
- Information Compilation
- Data Integrity
- Information Systems
- Data Storage
- Chart Monitoring
- Data Retrieval