Psychiatric nurses provide support to patients with mental disorders.
In some disciplines, they are also called mental health nurses.
They work with patients to assist them in leading a near-normal life by assessing their conditions, supporting in designing care plans for them and administering medication for them.
Also, they are expected to talk patients through hard times by providing some counseling and to assist in providing support to the patients’ families as well. They also administer medication and monitor treatment results as directed.
A resume for the position of a psychiatric nurse needs to possess some specific information regarding their education as nurses and specialization in mental health.
Psychiatric Nurse Resume Sample
4019 Congress Street ● Duson, LA 90289 ● (000) 999-0109 ● Email
• Highly skilled nurse with over 10 years’ practical experience in hospitals and primary care facilities.
• Established a strong repute in mental health support including assessment and counseling.
• Competent at managing distressed patients in a non-threatening manner.
• Hands-on experience in managing de-escalation techniques to assist patients with managing their .emotions
Board Examination – 2002
License, State of Louisiana – 2003
Synergy Care, Duson, LA
• Assess patients’ mental and physical health.
• Design and implement individualized care plans.
• Administer prescribed medication by mouth and IVs.
• Observe behavior problems and report to the physician.
• Counsel patients to assist them in managing their coping abilities.
• Record health histories and maintain patient files.
• Act as an advocate for patients and provide education to families.
• Assist mental health physicians with patient care procedures.
Synergy Care, Duson, LA
• Provided direct patient care as directed.
• Obtained health history of patients and file patients’ records.
• Administer medication and manage IVs for patients.
• Provided assistance with grooming and dressing.
• Prepared patients for surgical procedures.
• Administered CPR to patients on an emergency basis.
• Provided emotional support to patients and families.
Associate of Science in Nursing – 2001
Louisiana School Of Nursing, Duson, LA
St. Margaret Scholarship
Community Outreach Center, Duson, LA
Mental Health Aide
• Launched a volunteer system that provided counseling to people with mental and mood disorders.
• Coordinated efforts of volunteers by managing medical appointments and counseling sessions.
• Promoted activities to sustain positive approach and increase the quality of life of patients who have mental conditions.
Louisiana Nurses’ Association – Current
American Nursing Association – Current
Last updated on