A correctly formatted New graduate nurse resume (or CV) can help you make the changeover from the classroom into the working environment.
First of all, you will need to learn how to write your nursing education and relevant skills in the most compelling way.
This page focuses on giving you a basic idea of how to make an effective and optimized new graduate nurse resume. Feel free to modify and edit it as per your circumstances.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for Graduate Nurse Position?
- Start your resume with an objective or summary statement to show your core attributes in a few sentences.
- Use a simple format that emphasizes your patient care skills and qualifications, as well as soft skills such as communication.
- Mention your educational accomplishments, and internship or externship experiences using bullet points.
- Cautiously set the order of sections, bullets, and content of your resume.
- Include some keywords and terminology related to the nursing field.
Now that we have learned about writing a good resume for a new graduate nurse position, let’s view 4 examples based on the current resume writing trends and the guidelines mentioned above.
New Graduate Nurse Resume Sample 1
Christine Preece, RN
45 7th Street
New York, NY 02210
Self-reliant and confident Graduate Nurse with a sound understanding of advanced patient care techniques as well as exceptional patient care skills. Well-versed in the delivery of patient care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation. Familiar with advanced medical terminology.
BS in Nursing
New York University, New York, NY – 2022
Current NY State RN license
BLS and ACLS
CORE NURSING SKILLS
- Demonstrated expertise in providing professional nursing services in the treatment and care of patients with reference to physician’s orders
- Documented success in coordinating total nursing care for patients
- Well versed in collecting and analyzing patients’ data
- Committed to implementing a plan of care for each patient to meet the need of patients
- Expert in identifying variances in the plan of care and success of nursing interventions
- Adept at documenting care and identifying homecare needs
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced medical equipment and devices
ABC Hospital – New York, NY
May 2021 – Present
- Assist in admission, transfer, and discharge of patients
- Record and notify changes in the patient’s condition
- Assist in providing ease and safety for the patients
- Offer personal cleanliness and general cleaning of the hospital room
- Provide catheter care and change dressings
- Educate patients and families on treatment and therapy measures
- Maintain the confidentiality of patient information
- Check vital signs, height, and weights
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to deal politely with patients and families
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in emergencies
- Strong aptitude to quickly adapt to the new environment
New Grad Nurse Resume Sample 2
7677 Express Boulevard
Jackson Heights, NY 64765
New Graduate BSN with hands-on externship experience working in busy healthcare settings. Track record of recognizing problems related to patients, and initiating care plans with special emphasis on standards of care, and basic nursing rules. Ability to accurately collect patient data, administer medications, maintain a peaceful environment, and revise care plans based on patient’s progress and their family responses. Strong nursing ethics.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Superb knowledge of necessary medications and emergency procedures
- Hands-on experience in delivering reliable and professional nursing care
- Capable of providing suitable clinical support services.
- Able to resolve all patient-related conflicts and issues utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Competent at delegating nursing assisting tasks to appropriate individuals.
Catholic Health Initiatives – Denville, NJ
Jun 2021 – Present
- Maintain and take good care of central venous access catheters.
- Apply principles of urological nursing while dealing with urological patients.
- Assist in various urological surgical procedures.
- Apply orthopedic principles of nursing while dealing with orthopedic patients.
- Assist doctors in different orthopedic surgeries.
- Provide emotional and psychological support, as well as counsel patients
B.S Degree in Nursing
San Bernardino College of Health Sciences, San Bernardino, CA
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training Certificate
- CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- X-ray machines
- EGC equipment
- Ultrasound machines
- Basic computer knowledge
- Internet usage, email
- Spreadsheets, and Microsoft Office.
New Graduate Nurse Resume Example 3
65 Southlawn Avenue
Austin, TX 65214
Seeking a position as a Graduate Nurse with ABC Nursing Home where my knowledge of patient care and pre-operation procedures will be utilized for the success of the facility.
- Recent BSN
- Compassionate patient care
- Skilled in dealing with psychologically emotional situations
- Good attention to detail and observation
- Ability to respond to questions and offer a solution
- Eager to work individually as well as part of a team
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
St Andrew’s University, Houston, TX – 2021
St Andrew’s Community Hospital, Houston, TX
Aug 2021 – Apr 2022
- Monitored the overall physical condition of the patients.
- Maintained patients’ records.
- Provided medicines punctually and took accurate records of medication.
- Communicated to the relatives regarding the condition of the patient.
- Emotional supported residents and counseled them about a healthy lifestyle.
Strong professional references are available
New Grad Nurse Resume Sample 4
14 Alexander Ave
New Jersey, NJ 25101
Strongly motivated and compassionate new graduate nurse with exceptional academic qualifications seeking employment with ABC Clinic. Bringing a solid knowledge of nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care. Dedicated to providing exceptional patient care, compassion, and professionalism to manage patients’ medical and emotional care.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly skilled in operating and monitoring medical equipment and apparatus.
- Working knowledge of assisting physicians’ in surgery and other medical procedures.
- Able to manage medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician or in keeping with policies and protocols.
- Adept at assessing patients to recognize correct nursing interventions.
- Competent at monitoring, assessing, addressing documents, and reporting symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Excellent computer and healthcare software skills.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
State University, New Jersey, NJ | 2021
Diploma in Midwifery
NJ Technical College, New Jersey, NJ | 2017
Registered Nurse (RN) – PRC License
Midwifery – PRC License
State Hospital, New Jersey, NJ
2/2021 – 1/2022
- Worked in specialty areas such as ICU, ER, OR, maternal/child, cardiac, renal dialysis, home, and community care, and public health.
- Developed skills in acute medicine/surgery, mental health, long term care.
- Assessed signs, symptoms, and changes in the patient’s condition
- Collected, analyzed, and interpreted data from health care members
- Documented nursing diagnoses
- Identified and prioritized actions upon patient care requirements
- Maintained a therapeutic, as well as a secure and comfortable environment
Basic Life Support (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Regular I.V. Training Program
Pediatric Assessment IMCI Approach
Arterial Blood Gases Interpretation
Which additional points can I Include in a New Graduate Nurse Resume?
You can include the following points to make your resume attractive.
- Patience and compassion for the patients and families
- Flexibility and tolerance of varied lifestyles
- Knowledge of performing necessary paperwork within the required time frame
- Ability to work well with others
- Able to handle difficult situations or emergencies calmly
- Maintaining confidentiality