As a comprehensive document, your Governess resume needs to say a lot about what you have been doing before you applied for a governess job.
The governess resume which you build has to be “smart”. That said, it should speak to the employer in a way that he or she deems best. A little like the following sample:
Sample Resume for Governess Job
731 Miles Road
Newburgh, ME 11515
samriley @ email . com
I take care of children’s health, hygiene, and safety in a way that parents wish.
Highly-qualified and driven governess with a track record of success working with children and young adults, within a private home setting. Highly skilled in caring for and providing guidance to children, with a special focus on developing their independence. Promotes children’s intellectual, educational and social development through implementation of carefully developed plans. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Education Supplementing
• Child Routine Development
• Assessment Preparation
• Behavioral Management
• Language Skills
• Conversational Skills Development
• Personal Development
• Etiquette Development
• Timetable Management
• Household Staff Supervision
• Successfully brought a child (who had dropped out of school due to a prolonged illness) on par with her student peers within 2 months of being assigned to her.
• Implemented a series of lesson plans which were in accordance with the assigned child’s school curriculum, resulting in providing advanced assistance in keeping up with school work.
• Developed and implemented a strict routine for 3 children of the same household, resulting in decreased incidents of misbehavior.
• Received accolades for contributing emotionally to a household with 6 children, whose parents had passed away in a plane crash.
Family Services, Newburgh, ME
6/2014 – Present
• Confer with parents to determine their child-caring and household management requirements
• Engage children in conversation to determine their personality types and create corresponding care plans
• Assist children with their homework and special projects, by ensuring that all assistance is within the guidelines provided by parents
• Accompany children to special events such as parties, birthdays, and sports days while the parents are not around
• Oversee the preparation of nutritious meals for children and ensure that they eat them according to the set timetable
• Create an environment that is conducive to children’s learning and development abilities and allows for their limitations
• Promote intellectual, educational, and social development through creation and implementation of well-though-out plans
• Coordinate and provide leisure activities, extra curriculum, and educational excursions
• Ascertain that children behave appropriately in company and solitude, and provide assistance in home-based teaching of second languages and music
Nannies Door, Newburgh, ME
2/2011 – 6/2014
• Handled children’s personal needs such as toileting, washing, and grooming
• Changed diapers, made formula, and fed babies according to the provided schedules
• Assisted children with their homework and special projects and ensured that they excelled at school work
• Ascertained that all play areas and children’s bedrooms were kept clean and safe for them to thrive in
• Monitored children during playtime and reported any untoward incidents or causes for concern to parents
AA in Early Childhood Education
Liberty College, Newburgh, ME | 2011
• MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Internet research