As a comprehensive document, your resume needs to say a lot about what you have been doing before you applied for a governess job.
The governess resume which you build has to be “smart”.
This means that it should be able to speak to the employer in a way that he or she deems best.
A little like the following sample:
Governess Resume Sample
731 Miles Road | Newburgh, ME 11515 | (000) 477-5214 | samriley @ email . com
I take care of children’s health, hygiene and safety in keeping with the parents’ wishes.
Highly-qualified and driven governess with a track record of success working with children and young adults, within a private home setting. Highly skilled in caring for and providing guidance to children, with special focus on developing their independence. Promotes children’s intellectual, educational and social development through implementation of carefully developed plans. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|• Education Supplementing||• Childcare|
|• Grooming||• Routine Development|
|• Assessment Preparation||• Behavioral Management|
|• Language Tuition||• Conversational Skills Development|
|• Personal Development||• Etiquette Development|
|• Timetable Management||• Household Staff Supervision|
• Successfully brought a child (who had dropped out of school due to a prolonged illness) on par with her student peers within 2 months of being assigned to her.
• Implemented a series of lesson plans which were in accordance with the assigned child’s school curriculum, resulting in providing advanced assistance in keeping up with school work.
• Developed and implemented a strict routine for 3 children of the same household, resulting in decreased incidents of misbehavior.
• Received accolades for contributing emotionally to a household with 6 children, whose parents had passed away in a plane crash.
Family Services, Newburgh, ME | 6/2014 – Present
• Confer with parents to determine their child caring and household management requirements
• Engage children in conversation to determine their personality types and create corresponding care plans
• Assist children with their homework and special projects, by ensuring that all assistance is within the guidelines provided by parents
• Accompany children to special events such as parties, birthdays and sports days while the parents are not around
• Oversee the preparation of nutritious meals for children and ensure that they eat them according to the set timetable
• Create an environment that is conducive to children’s learning and development abilities and allows for their limitations
• Promote intellectual, educational and social development through creation and implementation of well though-out plans
• Coordinate and provide leisure activities, extra curriculum and educational excursions
• Ascertain that children behave appropriately in company and solitude, and provide assistance in home-based teaching of second languages and music
Nannies Door, Newburgh, ME| 2/2011 – 6/2014
• Handled children’s personal needs such as toileting, washing and grooming
• Changed diapers, made formula and fed babies according to the provided schedules
• Assisted children with their homework and special projects and ensured that they excelled at school work
• Ascertained that all play areas and children’s bedrooms were kept clean and safe for them to thrive in
• Monitored children during play time and reported any untoward incidents or causes for concern to parents
Liberty College, Newburgh, ME | 2011
AA in Early Childhood Education
• MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Internet research