An in-home child care provider is a lot like a babysitter, even though there are more responsibilities associated with it.
In order to apply for this position, one has to possess a degree in child care and correlating training.
Writing a resume for this position requires one to provide information about one’s ability to handle children of different ages.
As an in-home child care provider, your resume should reflect your ability to supervise the safety and wellbeing of assigned children, within a home setting.
Experience in preparing meals and organizing mealtimes must also be part of your resume.
In-Home Child Care Provider Resume Example
640 Deet Street, Newark, DE60121
Dynamic and motivated professional with an inherent love for children. Skilled in building relationships with children and parents, and providing excellent nurturing care to the former. Exceptionally talented in supervising the safety and wellbeing of assigned children.
• Food Preparation
• Nurturing Care
• Safety Precautions
• Emotional Assistance
• Activities Organization
• Homework Help
• Singlehandedly managed 3 children from the same household, at the same time, eventually receiving high praise from the parents
• Implemented a successful homework help system, as a result, helped children excel in school
• Recognized signs of emotional abuse in a child, and immediately reported it to the authorities, thereby, saving the child’s life
In-home Child Care Provider
Children R Us, Newark, DE
Oct 2017 – Present
• Confer with parents to determine their specific child care needs
• Create schedules for each child, based on their specific needs
• Stay aware of children’s physical and emotional needs at all times
• Maintain regular schedules of the meal, nap, and playtimes
• Engage children in fun and educational activities
• Ensure proper cleaning and organization of all areas
• Monitor the children’s behavior and report any issues to parents
• Observe children’s play activities to ensure safety
• Instruct children to follow healthy personal habits
• Provide counseling and therapy to children when needed
• Assist children in dressing and change babies’ diapers
• Ensure that children are fed nutritious food in a timely manner
Babysitters’ Inc., Newark, DE
Jan 2017 – Oct 2017
• Made formula for babies and fed them according to schedule
• Performed housekeeping work such as laundry, cleaning, and dishwashing
• Accompanied children to and from school and drove them to after school activities
• Assisted children with personal hygiene including bathing, grooming, and changing
• Cooked nutritious food, and fed children as per set schedules
Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Care
Newark College, Newark, DE – 2009