A mortgage collector’s job is challenging, which is why the right person is required for it. A Mortgage Collector resume to project your skills and experience as a mortgage collector must be written to tell the hiring manager that you are capable of this work.
In a Mortgage Collector resume, ensure that you highlight your knowledge of collecting payments, and preparing payment plans.
In your resume for a mortgage collector position, make sure that you focus on your convincing abilities.
Client connections will be a regular feature of your day, so you should be able to communicate how well you can handle that.
In addition, emphasize your knowledge of identifying possible collection solutions for each client, and calculating collection amounts.
See also: Mortgage Agent Resume Sample
What follows is a resume sample for a mortgage collector position that you can look through:
Mortgage Collector Resume Example
900 Shallow Lane, Mobile, AL47465
Enthusiastic, competent, and resourceful Mortgage Collector, with over 8 years of experience in reaching out to clients, and collecting payments. Demonstrated ability to identify payment solutions in accordance with clients’ specific situations. Repeated records of success in the collection arena.
• Collections Calling
• Defaulter Management
• Investor Guidelines
• Repayment Establishment
• Documentation Maintenance
• Record Amendment
• Implemented a unique collections system, as a result, met 100% of collection goals
• Successfully created a series of payment options, hence, increased paybacks by 50%
• Singlehandedly issued 400+ notices in one day, during a particularly understaffed instance
First National Bank of America, Mobile, AL
6/2017 – Present
• Checklists of past due payments on a daily basis
• Create daily lists of clients to be called for collections follow-up
• Make calls to debtors and provide them with information on past dues
• Provide solutions to ensure that they are not put into defaulters’ lists
• Establish repayment schedules, as well as payback amounts
• Facilitate the receipt of payments through various collection methods
• Peruse communication with defaulted clients, providing alternative solutions
The Bank of America, Mobile, AL
2/2013 – 6/2017
• Analyzed clients’ financial situations and collateral risks
• Performed skip-tracing work in order to uncover elusive clients
• Made calls to defaulting clients in order to provide them with payment information
• Assisted in preparing correspondence to be sent to debtors
• Identified, and evaluated reasons for delinquencies for assigned clients
• Supported repayment planning processes
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Alabama State University, Mobile, AL – 2012