A handyman is a very important person in many instances, including the construction arena, and domestic work. Hence, it is imperative for a handyman to present himself in the best light possible. This can be done through the handyman resume summary.
When writing a resume summary statement for a handyman position, make sure that you highlight your skills in performing repair and maintenance tasks.
A handyman resume summary needs to be short but sweet. That is to say, they need to focus on the individual’s skills in all the areas that the hiring manager is particularly interested in.
When you write a handyman resume summary, concentrate on your ability to perform maintenance and light repair work, as well as knowledge of performing routine landscaping.
Moreover, you must highlight the fact that you can effectively repair appliances, and can also assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing, and HVAC repairs and maintenance.
A few examples of summaries for a handyman resume are provided here for your reference:
Top 5 Summary Examples for Handyman Resume
1. Physically dexterous and hard-working individual, with over 3 years of experience working as a handyman. Knowledge of performing maintenance jobs, and repairing equipment and machines. Able to carry out skilled DIY and general maintenance work on a variety of projects. Ability to work perfectly under pressure in extreme temperatures.
2. Top-performing Handyman with extensive experience in performing a wide array of duties pertaining to maintenance and repair. Highly talented in installing, inspecting, and diagnosing faults while performing testing activities. Able to handle general tiling work, painting, and basic electrical maintenance. Competent in identifying hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repairs.
3. Competent and agile handyman, boasting 5+ years of solid work experience. In-depth knowledge of updating drywall and paint, and helping with tile and floor installation. Deeply familiar with performing basic electrical and plumbing maintenance. Well-versed in resolving minor and major issues pertaining to repair, and maintenance of HVAC, and other systems.
4. Experienced handyman, offering hands-on expertise in performing rewiring, and fuse changing work. Unmatched ability to assemble furniture and equipment, and perform footpath maintenance work. Proficient in maintaining and repairing HVAC systems, and ensuring good working order throughout. Able to effectively maintain property exterior throughout different seasons.
5. Results-oriented Handyman with a perfect skill set in performing basic and advanced interior and exterior tasks. Solid track record of performing a wide variety of activities, such as painting, carpentry, drywall installation, and floor and cove repairs. Deeply familiar with performing pressure washing work, and minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
Recommended: Handyman Cover Letter Sample