Your chances of landing the Medical Technician job increase manifold when you write a compelling and effective resume.
In order to create a great resume for the medical technician position, one has to put in the extra effort. And that effort needs to be visible in all sections of the resume.
How to Write a Professional Resume for Medical Technician Job?
- Back up the qualities and strengths by experiences and accomplishments.
- Use the right keywords.
- Read the job description provided by the employer and write compelling content accordingly.
- Use bullet points and phrases.
- Proofread your resume at least twice before sending it.
Let us also help you with 2 samples that you can use:
Recommended: Cover Letter for Medical Technician Job
Sample Resume for Medical Technician Position (Example 1)
738 S Lake Drive, Watertown, SD 63733
• Over 11 years of experience working as a Medical Tech in busy lab settings.
• Highly skilled in diagnosing diseases from blood and urine samples.
• In-depth knowledge of hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, and toxicology.
• Hands-on experience in ensuring operations of analyzers and colorimeters.
• Ability to use medical terminology effectively
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of chemistry techniques
• Excellent attention to detail
Delta Labs – Watertown, SD
Dec 2015 – Present
• Analyze body fluids for determining disease.
• Prepare blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusion purposes.
• Determine normal and abnormal components in samples.
• Provide medical technology information to patients and families as required.
• Prepare relevant reports.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
Medical Lab Assistant
Sibley Memorial Hospital – Washington, DC
Jan 2009 – Dec 2015
• Accepted blood and other biologic specimens.
• Verified information provided on the specimen with order requisition.
• Centrifuged and distributed blood specimens to suitable sections.
• Answered main laboratory telephone.
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
Washington State University, Washington, DC – 2006
Medical Technician Resume Example 2
7 100th Avenue NE, Binford, ND 58478
• Detail-oriented and passionate medical technician with 6+ years’ direct patient care experience in a large hospital setting.
• Adept at operating equipment to provide life-saving medical treatment to patients, along with handling laboratory functions such as specimen collection and testing.
• Track record of managing lab testing processes by following specific laboratory procedures and protocols.
• Hands-on experience in specimen preparation by ensuring the integrity of samples at all times.
• Qualified to perform scientific tests on analyzing tissue, blood, and body fluids safely and efficiently.
• Competent in identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions after ensuring the integrity of results.
• Diagnosed a particularly obscure autoimmune disease termed MG, for a patient who had been misdiagnosed for 17 years.
• Identified a lethal drug in a patient’s bloodstream which was keeping other medication from working on her
• Introduced antibody identification testing to the lab, as part of its tests expansion program
• Implemented a series of particularly tricky lab testing procedures by training five medical technicians in carrying them out effectively
ALINA HEALTH, Binford, ND
(10/2016 to Present)
• Collect specimens such as blood, tissue, and body fluid samples for testing purposes.
• Access patient orders to determine what type of testing is prescribed.
• Set up specimen testing equipment following series of tests in the queue.
• Perform basic and advanced tests on specimens including complete blood counts, Anti DS DNAs, and ANA testing.
• Perform retesting to determine the integrity of each test.
• Document results in inpatient documentation systems and provides information to prescribing doctors.
• Identify abnormal patient conditions to the authorities (doctors and nurse managers) immediately.
• Serve as a technical resource for answering questions and ensuring that patients and their families understand the purposes and outcomes of tests.
ARCO CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Lakewood, NJ
(9/2015 to 10/2016)
• Received samples (such as urine, stool, blood, and tissue) for testing purposes.
• Created correlating paperwork to ensure that they are tested in a time-efficient manner.
• Set up and calibrated testing equipment to make sure that it is ready for each testing procedure.
• Collected and punched in results in the laboratory database.
• Ensured the general cleanliness and sanitation of the laboratory are by ensuring that proper infection control procedures are followed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences
BINFORD MEDICAL SCHOOL, Binford, ND – 2009
Major: Medical Technology
– Drugs Identification
– Chemistry Operations
– Serological Testing
– Compatibility Testing
– Antibody Identification
– Blood Type Analysis
– Blood Bank Maintenance
– Infection Control