A medical laboratory assistant applying for his or her first job will not write his resume as that for an experienced position.
In fact, the resume will be a basic one.
Even though entry-level resumes need to be wholesome, it is alright if they do not have the same type of information as experienced applicants.
For a medical laboratory assistant position, you will have to make sure that your knowledge of sorting, processing, and storage of medical specimens is highlighted.
Furthermore, it is essential that you highlight what your capabilities in processing specimens are.
Here is a resume sample for a medical laboratory assistant, who has no hands-on experience.
Medical Laboratory Assistant Resume No Experience
947 Rockford Road SE, North Little Rock, AR 37842
MEDICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT
An organized individual with a special interest in working as a medical laboratory assistant. Ability to proactively receive, verify, and log specimens upon arrival. Competent in processing specimen according to standard procedures.
High School Diploma
North Little Rock High School, North Little Rock, AR – 2018
• Chosen as the only student to assist at the school lab, owing to exceptional educational track record.
• Made the Dean’s list 3 times in a row, due to excellent academic record.
• Spearheaded all 5 class projects (grades 1 to 5), as a result of which students’ interest was increased in lab procedures.
Lab Volunteer | 1/2018 – 5/2018
North Little Rock Health Care Facility, North Little Rock, AR
• Received and documented specimens collected at the lab according to the procedure.
• Logged all specimens according to specifics such as type, date, and tests to be performed.
• Prepared, stored, and retrieved routine blood and urine samples.
• Created and used chemical solutions.
• Made stocks of culture media.
• Sterilized and maintained specimen processing equipment.
• Labeled and sorted samples according to specifications.
• Loaded and operated machines such as pneumatic tube systems, and analyzers.
• Maintained supplies and equipment inventory.
• Collected and adequately disposed of trash.
• Assisted in creating written reports for processes samples.
• Filed records, and ensured that they were stored in a safe place.
|• Specimen Obtainment||• Log Maintenance||• Processing|
|• Equipment Maintenance||• Blood Smear Production||• Safety Rules|
|• Laboratory Maintenance||• Labeling||• Identification Reconciliation|
|• Specimen Tracking||• Results Logging||• Supplies Management|