A medical laboratory assistant applying for their first job will need to write a skills-based resume. Even though entry-level resumes need to be wholesome, it is alright if they do not have the same type of information as experienced applicants.
For a medical laboratory assistant position, you will have to highlight your relevant knowledge such as sorting, processing, and storage of medical specimens.
Here is a resume sample for an entry-level medical laboratory assistant, with no experience in hand.
See in new tab: Medical Laboratory Assistant Cover Letter No Experience
Sample Resume for Entry-Level Medical Laboratory Assistant With No Experience
947 Rockford Road SE, North Little Rock, AR 37842
MEDICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT
An organized individual with a special interest in working as a medical laboratory assistant for ABC Lab. Bringing the knowledge of receiving, verifying, and processing specimens to contribute significantly.
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory
AS Degree in Lab Technology
North Little Rock Technical College, North Little Rock, AR
ABC Healthcare, North Little Rock, AR
Jan 2020 – May 2020
• Received and documented specimens collected at the lab according to the procedure.
• Logged all specimens according to specifics such as type, date, and tests to be performed.
• Prepared, stored, and retrieved routine blood and urine samples.
• Created and used chemical solutions.
• Made stocks of culture media.
• Sterilized and maintained specimen processing equipment.
• Labeled and sorted samples according to specifications.
• Loaded and operated machines such as pneumatic tube systems and analyzers.
• Maintained supplies and equipment inventory.
• Collected and adequately disposed of trash.
• Assisted in creating written reports for processes samples.
• Filed records while ensuring that they were stored in a safe place.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Specimen Obtainment • Log Maintenance
• Processing • Equipment Maintenance
• Blood Smear Production • Safety Rules
• Laboratory Maintenance • Labeling
• Identification Reconciliation • Specimen Tracking
• Results Logging • Supplies Managemen