Medical support assistants are required to provide administrative and clerical support to a doctor.
They may work in hospitals or clinics and are expected to possess some background in medicine field.
A typical medical support assistant’s resume will comprise of information in the following manner.
Use this sample to build or update your resume for medical support assistant position.
710 Idris Road | Merion Station, PA 24622 | Cellular: (900) 119-9009 | Email
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Talented and results-oriented medical support professional with proven track record of success working in busy in healthcare settings. Proficient in assisting physicians with patient examination procedures, documenting patient information and providing patient education. Known to maintain a safe, healthy and clean work environment. Bilingual: English & Spanish.
• Well versed in scheduling and managing patient appointments
• Hands-on experience in preparing facility for clinical visits and performing required paperwork
• In-depth knowledge of insurance company liaison procedures
• Medical terminology, phlebotomy policies and techniques
• Able to identify patients’ concern and act accordingly
• Computer: MS Word, Excel & Outlook, Typing Speed 50 WPM
• Collaborated with popular insurance companies to ensure 100% smooth claims transition
• Introduced an online system of patient demographic verification in order to ease the verification procedures
Nashville Medical Clinic – Merion Station, PA | Jun 2012 – Present
Medical Support Assistant
• Efficiently assist physicians with patient procedures
• Collect patient data and manage efficient records
• Perform basic laboratory tests as required
• Schedule, reschedule and follow up on appointments
• Monitor electronic wait lists
• Verify and update clinical and demographic records
• Process all emergency and non emergency transfers
Trident Family Health – Charleston, SC | May 2008 – June 2012
• Assisted nursing staff in obtaining vital signs and weight checks
• Assisted patients in preparing for examinations
• Monitored medical procedures
• Restocked rooms and supply areas
• Transported patients
• Registered patients and assisted with clerical duties
• Documented physician orders
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Kaplan University, Charleston, SC | 2007
Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
Medical Assistant Certification | 2007
BCLS Certification | 2008
“I bring exceptional communication skills, friendly attitude, tactfulness when relating to others.”